online attacking.

Started by The Purple Dragon, April 16, 2007, 06:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

should this be allowed?!

should this not be allowed?
do u wanna be annoying and online attack people like an idiot? (yes)
monkeys rule the world

Ruddertail

It actually doesn't matter if you have turns. If your net hasn't changed for 5 minutes or so, it's reasonable to conclude you're not actually running, and therefore to attack. However, if the target has turns, it is nice to send a piece of mail first, to make sure they aren't running.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

The Purple Dragon

well, usually when u log on and someone is in the process of attacking you, but they dont know that u are online, it makes u wanna retal even if they are online, thats what i did, but i waited for a while and watch your netwoth, it didnt rise for 10 minutes so i figured you didnt have any turns.

If you had turns im sorry, but u werent using them so you cant exactly call it online attacking.

secondly, i dont think online attacker should be banned either, i just want to get a team together and smash them all :evil:
I have a Purple Dragon. I shall love him and I shall cuddle him and I shall call him Squishy. And He Breathes Fire.

"After stealing the TV, washing the dishes doesn't make up for it" - Wolf Bite directed at Sevz :D

"I got one!" - Revelation when he killed that one clanned account that never played and had 250 land:P

Ruddertail

Quote from: The Purple Dragon on April 17, 2007, 07:27:15 PM
well, usually when u log on and someone is in the process of attacking you, but they dont know that u are online, it makes u wanna retal even if they are online, thats what i did,

Which A: Makes you the online attacker, not them. If you sign on while they're attacking, it's not an online by them.
B: Makes you rather dull in that you're retaling and attacking without a full run.
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Gen. Volkov

Quoteditto rudder.

sept for the monkeys part.

human > monkey and thats all there is to it.

How are humans better than monkeys? In many ways humans are worse than monkeys. About the only things we have on them are true opposable thumbs, a larger brain, and a better vocabulary. Oh and we rarely fling our own poo at people...
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

hilarious
online attacks are a pain, but they are a great way to annoy people who deserve it :-D
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Blood Wake

I love how this topic was serious until Volkov showed up
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI love how this topic was serious until Volkov showed up

Yup that's me, the perpetually goofy one. LOL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Blood Wake

so... today, I asked Purple Dragon if he was done running, Ten minutes later he said "nope, still online" 9 minutes later, his net still hadn't been changing and since it had taken him ten minutes to reply, he was not running turns, he was just clicking everyonce in a while. so I attacked him. 4 minutes later he sends a message saying "wat! i said im online u idiot!"

FOUR MINUTES!!!!

when you are being online attacked, you respond IMMIDIATLY!!!! like.. 3 seconds at the most. if it takes you 5 seconds, you're slow, if you take 10 seconds, you are REALLY REALLY slow. but he took FOUR MINUTES!!!! which means once again that he was just clicking every once in a while. he then attacked me back and said that next time I "online attack" him that he will take double the land that I take.

what a moron

learn what online attacking is before you complain about it butt
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Ruddertail

Eh. The only thing worse then strait off onliners is people who camp, call an online when you hit them, even though they're not running, and then retal and claim high moral ground. Those are the kind of people you standard into the ground. In the middle of their run, if possible.

Seriously, Std attacks are the way to go in that case. Either immediately or later on. Not only does it prevent them from being able to hit you, and allow you to get your point across clearly, it's fun.

Edit: Not sure how many have seen it, but "Std" is an abbreviation for "Standard". The first time I saw I thought they were talking about the other STD... Was like "What in the world...?"
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!