Promisance Wiki

Started by Mawerick, February 20, 2007, 01:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruddertail

FAF and RWL are both listed on the list of "Promis" so I'd guess that FAF and RWL players are considered welcome on the list of names. In any case, someone else added you. http://promisance.info/index.php?title=General_Volkov&action=edit

You still need your info filled in, but you're on the list.

Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Peace Alliance

kinda have to wonder why retto'n boze are never mentioned... they also don't mention RWL or FaF in the hostory writeup. also, doesn't FaF not use MySQL?

windhound

er, what sticker?
a mysql database looks like an excel spreadsheet and is where all data is stored.  makes it easy and fast for things like forums and various dynamic websites to add and change content without editing static files.  FAF still uses mysql
cron is a system service that runs whatever you give it at a given time interval.  with rwl (and standard promi), its given turns.php and told to run it every 10 min.
FAF found a way to do without a crons

RWL was not mentioned in the history writeup I suspect because RWL's code was never added back into the offical promi code.  For a time, the most recent RWL code became closed and only the very old code offered on the download page.  I guess it still is that way. 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

man i feel dumb, i gotta stop thinking i can say smart things on nights like those >.<