Quick Fixes

Started by Peace Alliance, February 08, 2006, 05:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

I'd like to see if you guys have some quick fixes to common problems on RWL. any thing you think could easily fix an unbalence, or unfairness, or just generally improve the game.

for example:

lowering the required leader ratio for prepairing raiders to 80/1 instead of 100/1... the problem right now is that for some reason the huts don't always fill up all the way to 100/1, so you could have 99/1 and not be making leaders anymore, but still can't prepaire raiders.

Wolf Snare

another thing; open attack opertunities. I think it would be interesting, and long overdue, to bring that into the game.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Or rather, have Retto actually make the stupid spell work.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Gorak

raise base values of troops on the public and black markets to give indy races a chance to compete effectively with leader races by allowing them to make more $$ selling troops and break their reliance on building Markets so they can focus on troop production
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Peace Alliance

Some races already have a market boost that does exactly that Gorak. Right now on turbo the Ferret has it's merc's prices up to the max.

White Fang

Ferret? I thought it was lizard...

Peace Alliance

Lizard is what i meant to say.

Alazar is Back

i think that you should modify how long you can be on vvacation to like a month or so! I also think that we need an LL Scouting the next time turbo resets that way when noobs and low NW guys join they can gets some land

I remember about a year or two ago on reg they had a landfarm guy, you should put one on turbo to take care of all the wasted land,money,food, and such, or just put it all on LL scouting. so when players are disabled,abandoned, or are on vaca for longer than a month the land is not wasted. For instance on reg it is taking away our game because i think 5 players are on vacation! and im pretty sure its been for a long time (just joined back up a week ago!)

-Thanks your help would be much appreciated!
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Peace Alliance

With vacationers now ranked below active players on the scores page, it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

There usually a land farm on turbo. Sorry if i'd forgotten to make one.

thanks for the suggestions!

Wolf Snare

Me and White Fang were actually discussing this earlier today, and he brought up a good point;

We are supposed to be vermin, evil warlords, right?? well, would a warlord care if he attacked another warlord several times larger or smaller than his own horde? I mean, they have no honour, they would get a kick out of ruining someone smaller. so His point was, perhaps we could invent a spell which would "inspire fear" into our troops, and extend the difference of networths between warlords to say 6x before desertions happen, instead of what it is now, which is like 3x before you start losing troops.

Someone comment on this if you understand it, I'm not even sure I fully understand what I just wrote.. looong day. White Fang, perhaps you can rewrite the idea, or I will edit it tomorrow so it is understandable.

*yawns*
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

White Fang

Well, on the first part, I wasn't totally serious, since that would most likely create imbalances in the game.

I do, think, however, that giving Wolf a mission that isn't worthless would be a good idea. Seems like wolf could "inspire fear" into their troops to prevent desertions.

The Lady Shael

I could code something like that. Wouldn't be easy, but I could do it.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Alazar is Back

i think thats a great idea! but you shouldnt let people attack the lower people! but i agree with the 6x higher thing that seems reasonable, and while your at it make the aid 6x too :-P or at least 5x
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..