well...

Started by Ashyra Nightwing, October 04, 2006, 12:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

LOL, ok, make your incoherent arguments then. But I claim distraction rights as well. So the rock comment was a mean joke? YAY! I get to make my mean joke. Rocks are inanimate objects containing no DNA, apparently much like your skull.

Eventually Entropy does win. But that's gonna take awhile, and its not constant in all places.

Cause one of the imperatives of evolution is survival. Multicelled organisms of many cells all sharing the same DNA, just using it differently survives and propgates better than a single cell. Also because evolution isn't perfect. It's only based on what survives best in one particular period of time, and at a certain point in time, a mutation occured that allowed single celled organisms to live communally, and it helped them survive better than if they weren't. Evolution can't act on inanimate objects. As to why there is life at all... well the best answer we currently have is that at some point something very like life, but not quite alive, like a virus, got complicated enough to grow and propagate itself, prolly using RNA, and evolution began to act on it. But that's still a fuzzy area. When/if scientists create life in a lab, we'll know how it was done, but seeing as how it took the Earth 1.5 billion years to do it, I don't think we'll be seeing it out of scientists doing any time soon.

The platypus is not a freak! *Sooths hurt platypi feelings* It's got a relative just as weird as it is, only in a different way. It's called an Echidna I think. Funny thing, when scientists first saw a stuffed platpus, they didn't think it was real, they thought someone had sown a duck's bill onto a beaver's body. It wasn't until a live one was shipped to them that they found out it actually existed. But yes, all hail the duck-beaver! All hail the platypi!
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Arguia Zsah

ZOMG... *brain explodes*

RazorClaw

The Lady Shael

Serious discussion meets the Spa Room...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

Serious discussion + Spa Room = Arguia head explody.

PLATYPUS! DUCK! BEAVER! DUCK BEAVER! PLATYPI!
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Arguia Zsah

The Lady Shael

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Arguia Zsah

I have a cuddly platypus.

Aqualis

*twitches*

...duck-beaver...
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

The Lady Shael

The more I stare at that picture, the more I believe a platypus is a beaver with an identity crisis.

RazorClaw

It's like when I wear women's clothing.

I mean, it would be like IF I wore women's clothing.  :oops:

Aqualis

Quote from: The Lady Shael on October 11, 2006, 10:26:56 PM
The more I stare at that picture, the more I believe a platypus is a beaver with an identity crisis.

That's because it is.

Beaver beaver beaver beaver beaver DUCK!

~the mighta awualis

The Lady Shael

Aqualis

What? What, no ... that ... that kind of post isn't allowed. What were you Thinking? How ... where ... which way did the white rabbit go?

What makes you think you can post something like that and get aways wit it? HMM?

No, nononono....

*jibbers*
*insanely*

... all crazy, all the time ...

~the mighta awualis

Arguia Zsah