Stealing...

Started by Orcrist, March 06, 2006, 09:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcrist

I was wondering if it was somehow possible to steal loyalty? I've noticed that there are ways to attack/destroy/take every other aspect of a horde's resources except loyalty. This seems to be a major imbalance... Is there some way to take loyalty that I don't know? If not, one should be added... ((eventually))
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Gen. Volkov

Loyalty? That's not an option in any promisance game as far as I know.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

windhound

you can destroy loyalty I believe.. 

however, stealing 'loyalty' doesnt really work if you think about it
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Orcrist

How do you destroy loyalty in this game? Also- it would be possible to "steal" loyalty- the attack would be called "coercion".
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

wolf bite

Incite Uprising destroys loyalty somewhat like poison poisons. The target having defense shields up will reduce the damage that can be done.

There is no way to take loyalty. Think about it for a minute. Use loyalty to steal loyalty! A person would have to have a good leader ratio to get over someone that has a bunch of loyalty, and then when they have taken it, they can immediately use it with their ratio thus Leader looting to the top of the game when only starting with enough loyalty to make the first attack. A leader fighter would be almost invincible if they used all their turns taking then using loyalty.

But then why not have an army fighter steal loyalty? Frankly they could wipe out the resources of several people and send it all to their brother who has no loyalty but a good ratio and full turns and that person could take over the game in one run without ever making an attack.

Such an addition would unbalance the game.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ruddertail

What about the idea of a troop attack that just destroys, rather then takes, loyalty? This would allow indy players to counter leaderers by destroying their loyalty. Leaderers could still go after each others loyalty, true, this wouldn't benifit the attacks.

It might be the countering fact you need, one that would make indy viable by reducing leaders.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward