Should we combine?

Started by The Lady Shael, August 03, 2003, 12:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Think really carefully before you vote. I mean REALLY carefully. Think about the decision that would probably benefit everyone. If you ask me, I'd say that combining them would be a terrific idea. If you don't feel like saying yes or no, then just do a null vote, and post explaining why.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Scarwake

Well the current voting shows 8 for combining the two and 3 for not combining.  I personally voted for combining considering the facts like Shael pointed out costs will eventually be lower for each person that attends and so forth.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

calria

I voted to combine.
For an event like this to be successful, you need a large pool of people to draw from, and we just aren't large enough here. This should be an event for, really, the whole ROC.

Blackeyes

I nulled, I could care less.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Riverpaw

I put a yes. It's not as if anyone cares what I say, but I'll say it anyways. I chose it because I want to hopefully attend. That is, if I ever convince my parents. I want to combine because it would be hard trying to get to one, but both, no way. Also, where is RedCon/RWLCon. Since I moved to NYC, my parents no longer need a car. I do, though. Public transportation... Oh, no...
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

The Lady Shael

You're so hard on yourself, Riverpaw...here at RWL, EVERYBODY cares what you say...although they might give a negative reaction. o.0 But that's only every once in a while, we're pretty much at peace on the forums right now.

RedCon is planned to be held in Chicago, or at least, it was last time I consulted my fellow RedCon staff members. I live in Florida, but my family flies by plane everywhere, so place isn't a problem for me. Time is though, because it's in the year 2006, and that's the summer after I graduate. I reeeeeally want to come though. I mean, I AM coming, I am a staff member after all...

Maybe we (RWLers) should all just come to RedCon and have our own little corner set up there. It'd be much easier, costs and everything. And Cal's right, for it to be successful, we'd need a lot of people to attend.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Dead Eye

I don't want it to combine. It is going to be hard enough hanging out with people I only talk to on the computer. Then a giant group that I don't know at all? I will just feel wierd.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Cindarin

Hmmm i'm lost... (null) I don't need to pay to go to chicago to see people that I use to play a text based strategy game with when I can go for free with friends from school such as Peace Alliance.
"Without love life has no meaning." - Joseph Nicholas

"Looks are just an added bonus." - Joseph Nicholas

"Meine Liebe, Mein Leben, Meine Welt." - Joseph Nicholas

user posted image

Peace Alliance

I hate it when he tells people i know him *shakes head* lol, jk

I voted no. But when i think about it now, it would probably be better. The only thing is that we should make sure the the two groups have a good seperation from eachother at times. That way it still seems like its just us gettin together to have some good times.

Dixie Ros?

I don't care on way or the other. *Huggles*
user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"
 "Sarah! That was so uncalled for! *grumbles in a threating way*"
"*huggles a Retto plushie secretively*"

Peace Alliance

glad we got everything sorted out then...