Have you ever used Revolt in RWL?

Started by bjornredtail, January 29, 2006, 09:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you ever used Revolt (the option to change races) in RWL?

Yes
12 (70.6%)
No
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

bjornredtail

So, have you ever changed races in RWL? Ever, is any round of Regular, Turbo, or Commanders (Excludeing beta testing servers).

I'm starting to think that the option is simply too expencive for anyone to really use. So, no I havn't used it.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Ruddertail

Yes, I did use it, early this round. Early in a turbo round, with the large amount of turns and low costs, it's probably useful. Once you get on into the round, the only time someone would want to use it is if their race was only good for one strat, and that strat wasn't any good at all.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

wolf bite

I have done it a few times. The first time I lost almost everything I owned, then I found I could send everything I owned to a trusted friend to hold it for me. I did this on some strats where I wanted to build up under one raice but use the stuff under a different race. Basicaly, unless you really picked the wrong race, live with what you have and make the most of it.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

fingo

The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

The Lady Shael

I think I used it once...a REALLY long time ago, like when it first came out. I was really rich though and had a ton of stuff (all Stormy's stuff  :-D), so I don't think it hurt me /too/ much. Again, I don't really remember.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

cloud

Beatles has used it 3 times this turbo round, and his nw hasn't dropped any of the times... You do the math.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Aqualis

Several times, but none of them were worth it. Except for the time I tried playing as ermine, but when I found out the land gaining special ability wasn't what I thought it was, I revolted.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Gen. Volkov

Once. Exactly once. I was playing Fox, cause I liked the stats changer, but got tired of being pwned by Marten people. SO I revolted to Marten. Haven't played anything else since. Marten is the single most overpowered race in the game. Goldmine pwns.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES