Goblet of Fire!!!

Started by The Lady Shael, November 17, 2005, 08:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to watch the Goblet of Fire?

YES! AT MIDNIGHT!
3 (11.5%)
Yep, within a couple days of it coming out
8 (30.8%)
Mm, eventually while it's in theaters
9 (34.6%)
I'll just wait for the DVD
0 (0%)
I could care less
4 (15.4%)
Other
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Wolf Snare

heheh. That was the best of the films so far.. Some parts were a bit abrupt even though I knew what was coming. I'll be buying this one when it comes out 8-)
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Badrang the Tyrant

Saw it earlier today...Good, but could have been sooo much better if they let Rowling help them with the scripts and whatnot.

I was also looking foward to seeing the magical animals within teh maze, but was disappointed.

Arguia Zsah

Quote from: The Lady Shael on November 19, 2005, 04:23:10 PM
*is dying to see Pride and Prejudice*

Saw that a while ago... it was great. =) Although apparently there was a really soppy ending which they edited out for Britain but left in for the USA... yeah, anyway... great film.

Gonna go see HP... probably just before it vanishes out of the cinemas... lol.

Ruatine

GoF is definitely the best of the movies. I think they did a great job condensing the book.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Disdain

I saw it Saturday at "CinaCapri" anyone ever hear of that Harkins type theater? Biggest Theater in AZ, besides IMAX. Waited in line for an hour and a half. It was sold out, but I bought my tickets online.
Won't spoil it, but I liked the others better because of the weird, abrupt ending (maybe it's that generation gap I've always heard about and I'm just too old, LOL). Good enough to watch, though.
My son liked it. (He's 12)

(click to enlarge)

Barkclaw2

I really could care less. I hate Harry Potter. Not that seeing retards dancing around with sticks doesn't amuse me... No wait... It doesn't.
Sorry to all that I cause distress to. I can sometimes be a jerk (Well, ok, all the time). I don't mean to be.

Gen. Volkov

Why do you hate HP? The books and movies aren't that bad. I finally saw the 4th one.... honestly not great. It was OK, but I think Prisoner of Azkaban was better. And they left SOOOO much out of the movie that was in the book.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

windhound

's hard to condense that much material into somthin workable that will keep the audience's attention

I thought that the 4th did the best job really, all 'cept the maze..  coulda done more with the cup, and definatly needed the screwts, but other than that..

The only way somone can say they 'hate' something is if they try it first
I very much doubt thoes who actually read the harry potter books 'hate' them
some of the people who were really really against the harry potter books 'cause of "witchcraft" and such actually read the book, and now find nothin wrong with them

they're well written books
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Eh, they changed some stuff, and they left quite a but out, cause they needed, but I still don't like it as much as I liked the third one. And I was really annoyed with how they did the part where Sirius talked to Harry through the fire.

And I agree with you windy, I'm just curious as to Barkclaw's reasons.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ruatine

The way they did Sirius talking in the fire was annoying.  I didn't like PoA much; I think they spent far too much time on scenery shots and not enough on plot (not to mention they did a horrible job with the Patronus).
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Peace Alliance

saw it before it came out.

its the best one yet, although don't assume i mean that as to great of a compliment. The harry potter movies get too much hype, and same goes for the books. I like the series and all, and i'm not saying harry potter sucks, i just don't think its "the next LOTR" as some like to put it.

Scarwake

I'd saw it the day it came out!

Personally, I thought it could've been better...it moved too fast...
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

windhound

...it moved fast, but it was what..  2.5 hours?  you cant really make a movie longer than that..

harry potter gets hype 'cause its good ^_^
too much?  maybe
I never really had high hopes for the movies..  infact, I dont usually like it when books are made into movies..  Polar Express was awesome though..  I saw the movie at imax and then read the book..  the movie followed the book Exactly, with some extra embellishment here and there like the tickets and the bum..  but in all fairness that's an easier book to make into movie 'cause its short, strait forward, and pre-illistrated = )
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Blood Wake

I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h