Boards?

Started by Gen. Volkov, December 31, 2005, 06:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

Ok, so, I log on this mornin, and like, a buncha posts have dissapeared, and its tellin me the ones I've already read are new.. is someone hacking the boards, or are they just screwing up or what? For example, in a reg discussion topic about Pheonix, wolf posted, then TJ, then me, but all that's there now id wolf's last post, and then Snare's, and in news, Dead Eye's post, which I have already read, showed as new. What's going on?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

cloud

a bunch of my posts got deleted too, they might have been borderline spam/offensive though, lol.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

wolf bite

Nothing that I know of??

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Peace Alliance

Gen. Volkov

Hmm. Strange. An Admin should investigate. *Significant look at PA and Wolf bite* That means you.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

wolf bite

I have. There has been no Admin/Mod actions since 12-27-05. Further, I have even checked out the last ten that were made before that one, all fine! I am not saying that something could not have disapeared, but we did not do it. Must have been some time loop black hole thingy. If you find it hapening again let us know. The Staff is under orders never to delete even the most disgusting posts, we just move them to where they can not me seen.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Dead Eye

ROVL is having problems. Posts are getting eaten up at VI too.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Scarwake

Actually, I was lookin to see if I saw it and yes I do see it as well.  There are posts missing from the topic that Imperial Phoenix started.  I know I posted in there and I believe there was more than one post that you, Wolf, had posted in there as well that are no longer there.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Peace Alliance

Also note that we have that white backround colour at the foot of every page.... i remember i fixed that O.o sad part is now i forget how i fixed it.

anyways, Retto is home from the holidays now, perhaps this is a result of work he's been doing on the server? or perhaps its a result of work he /should/ be doing? heh

Gen. Volkov

*Reads* *Bleep*

Thanks to Wolf for looking into it anyway. Something is wrong with the boards and ROVL in general. Great. Just wonderful. Retto hasn't done anything to the server except fiddle with turns as far as I know. Don't see how that would affect the boards. There are definitely some things he should be doing though. Being here more than once every 3 days for one.

But I did notice something strange, I logged into to Turbo and reg to day, to find my turns had massively jumped, so I think Retto was fiddling with stuff again at some point today.