NARNIA!!!

Started by Blood Wake, January 10, 2006, 04:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

did you see the Narnia movie? what did you think?

YES!! IT WAS SO COOL!!!
8 (57.1%)
yeah, it was pretty good
5 (35.7%)
yeah, but I didn't like it
0 (0%)
yeah, It was terrible
1 (7.1%)
I didn't see it but I want to so bad
0 (0%)
I could go for seeing it on DVD
0 (0%)
I don't like the Narnia books
0 (0%)
it looks really stupid
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Ruddertail

It doesn't bother me that much. I simply made a polite request as to the correct spelling of my name. I don't see why that should bother you so much.

Now that I think about it, you are correct about the deep magic/deeper magic. I didn't recall that, earlier, However, I seem to remember that getting some mention in the movie, as well. I suppose I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD before I can verify whether it was mentioned or not.

However, I still disagree with you, I found it a great story with deep meaning, and did not at all regret going to it.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Gen. Volkov

K. To each his own. I didn't like it. It wasn't true to the books and the actors were ill chosen, not to mention the stuff with the minotaurs. But eh. No big deal.

Oh bugger. I'm sorry. I misintrepreted. I thought you meant the "tail end" of my statement, not your name. LOL. My bad. I will remember to not capitalize it in the future.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ruddertail

Oh, lol. Sorry, should have made it clear I was talking about my name.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

wolf bite

I thought the filming and the story was done great. An excellent movie.

But I have a major problem with how it was portrayed. They stereotyped wolfs as being bad. This is very against the anti-discrimination that wolfs have been demanding. It will make children grow up to distrust wolfs and may even make it harder for wolfs in the workplace. The WFA (Wolves Freedom Alliance) had formally objected to the portrayal in the movie. I just can?t understand why those wolves that acted in the movie allowed them to be seen as being evil. Just another example of putting getting paid above what damage will be done to others like yourself.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Aqualis

lol

Perhaps I should be outraged about the lack of otters. :wink:
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Blood Wake

you should, there was not one otter fighting in the war, its as if Otters don't care about freedom
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Gen. Volkov

Actually... I had a problem with the wolves. They weren't evil enough. I felt sorry for them. You should not feel sorry for the antagonists. In the showdown between Peter and the lead wolf, I was rooting for the wolf. I wanted the whiny little boy to get his skull crushed.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Aqualis

Yeah, the children were kinda bratty now that you mentioned it.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis