Karma disabled

Started by wolf bite, October 02, 2005, 04:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

We knew this would create a problem. The program is set to limit people to giving or taking karma once per hour. However it seems that for the last week the program, although still set right, has not restricted people. Someone (who will be nameless for now) just smited 25 people in 10 minutes.

Karma will be disabled until we find why the limits are not working and we can undo all the damage. Which is not on any priority list I know of.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Gen. Volkov

The problem is the system is only set up to prevent smiting/applauding of any particular person more that once in an hour, and only stops if you attempt to do the same action, you can smite and applaud as much as you want to the same person, just not two smites or applauds. And it doesn't care how many you smite. I discovered this much earlier, but I thought it was already known to be a problem. Sorry for not speaking up earlier.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

Just a thought... what does disabling karma do to our.... karma?

wolf bite

In game world or real life?

In game world I am rather sure it just hides it.

In real life, those that misused it had their real Karma drop.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Peace Alliance

but in denying karma the chance to be in the game, are we in turn, effecting our real life karma?

Gen. Volkov

I doubt it Peace. I highly doubt it.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Aqualis

Noooo, now there is no way to compare myself to other people!

Just kidding. I didn't really see much use for them hear in the first place.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Holby

I will not deleted this

Badrang the Tyrant

Wheee!? I no longer have -1 Karma ( to whoever gave me that).

Why is Karma such a big thing?

Gen. Volkov

It wasn't, until someone went around being a jerk.
I was make a big deal out of my having low karma for a laugh.

Nohcnonk

Well, at least whoever did it was indiscriminate. XD

Menatus

Aww, rats! I had massive karma because I got applauded every time I posted. :D Loverly.

Hmm...should I make this my new icon?

Badrang the Tyrant

Aye, it beats the actor who looks like he's shooting a b-movie. :-D

Gen. Volkov

Isn't that the same guy, just in that one wierd music video that Family Guy did a parody of?

Badrang the Tyrant

I can't tell...It moves too fast.