Motorcycles

Started by Aqualis, May 31, 2005, 12:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqualis

I was wandering around the kitchen thinking about RWL, and decide to post this topic.

I was wondering how many of you have motorcycles or are planning to get one sometime soon? If you have one, what kind is it? If you want one, what do you want?

I plan on getting one this summer, soon after my license. Some type of small dual sport would be good.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Blood Wake

umm... my dad used to have one, that was before we found RWL though
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

The Lady Shael

Shael's boyfriend will be getting a motorcycle in his senior year...he wants either an SV1000S or a GSX [insert forgotten number here]. Don't know much else about motorcycles, that's about it.

Yes, *gasp*! Shael has a boyfriend!
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

windhound

my dad buys broken motorcycles and fixxes them (usually cleaning carborators and such) then sells again..  makes a decent amount for a hobby..

I think one of the spiffier bikes I've seen was an older (1980's) honda.. black, massive thing..  believe 'e was a saber..  
early 1990's honda nighthawk also purdy..  lighter bike (in comparison) but I kinda liked it..  

definatly prefer the older bikes due to their simplicity..  they're fixxable..  everything out now is crammed full of computer hardware, thus the common person has a much harder time working with them..  but if you'd never touch the internals then that's not exactly an issue..  hehe..

then again, I prefer being inside a car (well, van) 'cause mother nature isnt too kind to motorcyclists somtimes ;)  (and passing/getting passed by a tractortrailer/other large vehicals isnt much fun)
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Aqualis

Cool, four years ago, my dad had an '86 Honda Saber 1100cc. That was fast, but the rear suspension was a little stiff for a passanger under 100 pounds. (I almost got bouce off the back after hitting a small bump, luckily it had a backrest, which I landed on top of.) He cleaned it up and painted it black (well, it already was black, with red and gold pinstriping but he painted it completely black) and sold it on eBay.

Then he bought a blue '84 Honda Gold Wing GL1200 Aspencade. He sold that after a year in favor of a 2003 Honda Gold Wing GL1800, which he has had now for two years. He does almost all the work on it, too.

He also had a 125cc Yamaha dirt bike when he was teen.

QuoteShael's boyfriend will be getting a motorcycle in his senior year...he wants either an SV1000S or a GSX [insert forgotten number here]. Don't know much else about motorcycles, that's about it.

Both 0-60 under 3.5 seconds. Both top speed in excess of 180mph. Fun.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Mark

i'm probably gonna get a bike in gr. 11 for a job or something. as for now, i'll stick my good old peddle bike, even though gas is expensive ^_^.
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?