Do you use Markets?

Started by bjornredtail, April 06, 2005, 09:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjornredtail

Another design poll... I'm thinking that market output should be a bit higher to encourage greater useage of markets.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

The Lady Shael

My economy would plummet to depths unknown and never come back without markets.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Deathclaw

Normally 0 markets, I use marten goldmine for cash.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

windhound

eh, in protection only..
then they either get lost due to people attackig me and I never rebuild or I demolish them in favor or leaders..  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Holby

Quote from: windhoundeh, in protection only..
then they either get lost due to people attackig me and I never rebuild or I demolish them in favor or leaders..
*Nod of agreement*
I will not deleted this

Ashyra Nightwing

I use HUGE amounts of markets. Well, until I find someone with huge amounts of money to sack. Then I just build barracks. And get more skiffs. And sack more people. =D

RazorClaw

Enough so that I'm less than -10M. Other than that, I can support myself with Goldmine.  

bjornredtail

Hum..

A bit of a question for everyone, just to be answered in posts. Anyways, do you think that markets should make more money, to encourage their use? If you made more money with them, would you use them more?
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

wolf bite

The hard part is that if people go into a leader strat, then huts to land is a ratio that helps keep up the amount you can get for loyalty. With all the leaders strats, most people have switched to them if for nothing else then defense. Now if leaders had an added 15% huts to land, maxing at 100%, then that would leave 15% land left to have a running economy.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Juska

I only use markets for the first 2 or so runs outta protection, if market income was increased and the bm was fixed so that you can buy equal amount of troops of each type in terms of net instead of one flat number I'd deffinately cash, and I'll be cashing for commanders, that's this weekend right?
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

RazorClaw

Markets, if they are to have any use in the game, need to be more effective.  

Peace Alliance

leader-loot is the only way to go, especially since all the powerfull stratagies are leader-based.

However, when i'm not using leaders, then markets are my only income, like at the beginning of the set i would be about 40-50% markets, 30%barracks 19% foragers and 1% huts. or about that... whichever will allow me to have the strongest military and still not go into the negatives. Then once the game gets going, and theres enough land flowin around, i switch over to 100% huts so i'll be leader-looting from then on

Blood Wake

I am useing leaders, best way to make money, you get more money than haveing 1,000,000,000 markets and its way faster

btw Nevada, this is RWL not FAF
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Ashyra Nightwing

No, the best way of getting money is by sacking the rich, food-fat leader massers. =D