UltraMod forum

Started by Gen. Volkov, February 11, 2005, 05:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorClaw

Volkov, you need anger management, buddy, if that cheeses you off. Holby, it's fun to argue. Besides, in the first 2-3 pages useful information is provided.  

Gen. Volkov

Anger management? If you don't understand how your abrasive, ignorant, and somewhat insulting comments to me would annoy me, then I honestly don't know what to say. *Detects glimmer of actual discussion* OOH! Ok.. how about we just forget about that and get down to brass tacks. Holby makes good points, very similar to mine, but worded better and more succinctly because I am tired and he isn't. LOL. So useful info is in the first pages? I dunno about that, seems to me, that by the end of the first pages people are pretty firmly set. Sure there is some useful info, but does that excuse the rest of the thread from what it becomes?

[edit: maybe I shouldn't but I'm including comments made by you in the UMD because both of these threads have the same overall topic, and even though I say this, you've been equally bad in either]
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

RazorClaw

That particular comment was in NO FRICKING WAY insulting you, you know it, and you're using it to deflect off everything I say! Maybe, Holby, as an address to the said problem, a maximum of three personal insults would be allowed, and then the topic is locked. That way, before a topic dissolves into a flame war, what decent discussion is in it is preserved.  

Gen. Volkov

What particular comment? I would like to know what you think I am refering too. And no I'm not.. but until recently you've made no really salient points that I could address. And what you just suggested... GAH! Why did it take Holby posting something for you to start listening and not just say, "oh that's Volkov, he doesn't know anything, I'll just disagree on principle." I SAID, IN MY POST, if you think we should keep it, then suggest changes we could make. And you take that off into something about Nazi's! That's why I am so irritated with you RC. Or at least a small part of it. I guess I should Ihave specified that you post reasons why in the first place, but I thought that was clear.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

TR Shadow

This has gone far enough.

*Locks*

Maximus Preliator

~what would have happened if Julie was a MOD~

Gen. Volkov

Or rather, was still a mod. I think she was one at some point.

Holby

Quote from: RazorClawMaybe, Holby, as an address to the said problem, a maximum of three personal insults would be allowed, and then the topic is locked. That way, before a topic dissolves into a flame war, what decent discussion is in it is preserved.
Insults should not be allowed at all in a discussion! If you can't refrain from insulting someone and have to be shut up to do so, that's ridiculous.
I will not deleted this

RazorClaw

He started it.  :P  Volkov, don't get mad, that was a joke. And the Nazi thing, as I have stated previously, was simply emphasizing that restriction after restriction cannot be made on a BB, and no BB is perfect!
@Holby: Then simply disallow insults, and either edit/lock topic if they are thrown. Then, the debatees soon find  that if they insult other people, the topic gets locked and there is no real point to it.  

Gen. Volkov

I agree, nothing is perfect, but I don't think the UMD is anywhere near good even. And I get that you were emphasizing a point.. but at the time it seemed like you were calling me a Nazi. Anyway... but there needs to be a least a little restriction if we are going to keep it don't you think?

RazorClaw

That's what I said. Enough locked topics, and either people will shape up or we'll ditch it. The concept's sound, it's just a lot of the topics are matters of morals and principles. During the political rush, everybody insulted the politicians, so it wasn't too bad. In everything else, we insult each other.  :)  

Gen. Volkov

OK. But why the sudden change of mind?

RazorClaw

Heh. Thread necromancy. But I just read this. My change of mind was not sudden. I think that heated debate is fine. However, if you guys want insults eliminated, eliminate them. It'll help discussion. But I do not think it would be wise to delete the forum entirely.