Video Games

Started by Sonoras, December 27, 2004, 03:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

I have YIM and AIM. Oh and there's a difference between games like the Star Wars ones that keep reinventing themselves and ones that are the same thing over and over, like Mario.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

windhound

Quote from: RazorClawOops. We're supposed to end this. Anybody have Mirc?  :D  I don't have any other IMs...
:P  razor, I said stop the occasional flame

discussion reasonably on topic (or off, as this is SPA) is fine, just no personal attacks ;)
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

RazorClaw

ARGH! Zelda has a different plotline, different game features, EVERY TIME! All of the Marios except for the NES and SNES GBA recreation do too!!! Honestly. New characters, new gizmos, new gameplay style, what have you, they always have done SOMETHING different since they went 3D! Battlefront (which is fun, but not as good as Halo, due to crappy flying vehicles) is a combination of Jedi Order's FPS, Rogue Squadron (a Nintendo original game, and why they own console flight sims) except with crappier flying, and Clone Wars(a multi-console game). It has different features and things, but it is by no means some huge new thing. So, you're totin' old guns and insulting mine, quintessentially.  

Rough Raiders

i know one thing that PS2 has that GC doesnt. DDR nuff said :)

and if somone says its on xbox it was originally started on PS1  :o  
Official Forum Acorn Thrower
Holbs is the Master Slicer of MY Acorns with Twin Katana Swords
Leader of the TMNT Alliance
I CLAIM MYSELF THE ALMIGHTY HATED ONE ;)

Death Eater

Volkov, have you even played any of those games you listed? Have you? Nevermind playing them, have you ever seen a screenshot of them?

Obviously not, because you would have seen they are all in Third Person View. You know how to find out if its First Person or Third Person? If you can see the characters body, other than his hands and gun, than its third person.

Finally the list Rough Raiders came up with. First, I'd like to say FINALLY someone gave me some info to deal with. thank you.

Here's that list:

SOCOM
SOCOM II (you may consider these not first person shooters because they are 3rd person but they are first person shooters in my opinion)

Excellent games, not really FPS as you said, but since it plays like an FPS, I'll you you that one.

Red Faction
Red Faction II

Xbox has Red Faction 2 - so if you have the sequel, the first game is irrelevant.

Killzone

(smelly stuff)ty game...coulda been better. Not worth my time.

No One Lives Forever (was a fun game in my opinion)

Well, I guess it musta been fun for you, because 11 reviews say it was junk. Personally, I never heard of it.

Half Life (was for ps2 i looked it up)

I look that one up too. Surprised no one brought it up before. Well, when Xbox gets Half-Life 2 (and PS2 won't be getting it), Xbox owns this. But for now, good for PS2.

XIII

On Xbox as well. Not a very good game.

Timesplitters
Timesplitters 2
Timesplitters Future Perfect

Xbox has or will be getting them all except for Timesplitters 1.

and last but not least
Quake 3

Good game. No online play which is what really made the Quake game so great. But decent gaem nontheless.

So, overall, PS2 has the SOCOM series and Quake 3 FPS's (only on PS2) to battle the great FPS library Xbox has that I have already listed.

And SOCOM isn't REALLY an FPS, too ;)  
user posted image

RazorClaw

GCN has Timesplitters as well. I'm not sure which ones, but...  

Rough Raiders

Quote from: Death EaterVolkov, have you even played any of those games you listed? Have you? Nevermind playing them, have you ever seen a screenshot of them?

Obviously not, because you would have seen they are all in Third Person View. You know how to find out if its First Person or Third Person? If you can see the characters body, other than his hands and gun, than its third person.

Finally the list Rough Raiders came up with. First, I'd like to say FINALLY someone gave me some info to deal with. thank you.

Here's that list:

SOCOM
SOCOM II (you may consider these not first person shooters because they are 3rd person but they are first person shooters in my opinion)

Excellent games, not really FPS as you said, but since it plays like an FPS, I'll you you that one.

Red Faction
Red Faction II

Xbox has Red Faction 2 - so if you have the sequel, the first game is irrelevant.

Killzone

(smelly stuff)ty game...coulda been better. Not worth my time.

No One Lives Forever (was a fun game in my opinion)

Well, I guess it musta been fun for you, because 11 reviews say it was junk. Personally, I never heard of it.

Half Life (was for ps2 i looked it up)

I look that one up too. Surprised no one brought it up before. Well, when Xbox gets Half-Life 2 (and PS2 won't be getting it), Xbox owns this. But for now, good for PS2.

XIII

On Xbox as well. Not a very good game.

Timesplitters
Timesplitters 2
Timesplitters Future Perfect

Xbox has or will be getting them all except for Timesplitters 1.

and last but not least
Quake 3

Good game. No online play which is what really made the Quake game so great. But decent gaem nontheless.

So, overall, PS2 has the SOCOM series and Quake 3 FPS's (only on PS2) to battle the great FPS library Xbox has that I have already listed.

And SOCOM isn't REALLY an FPS, too ;)
your welcome DE  :rolleyes:

i agree, killzone coulda been better...

btw razor, i never said R&C got game of the year... i said GTA was game of the year which it was awarded at the VGA's or for you not acronymly(is that even a word?) inclined, Video Game Awards.

RazorClaw

GTA: SA is Game of The Year for a year that had no Zelda games, cept the remake of the Four Swords... So that DOES NOT prove it's better.  

Rough Raiders

Quote from: RazorClawcept the remake of the Four Swords... So that DOES NOT prove it's better.
you are silly if there is a REMAKE of a game it is STILL THERE!!! therefore, there was a zelda game, now sit down :)