who should be the next mod....

Started by DemonSlavers, November 10, 2004, 09:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dead Eye

We have no reason to call anyone sad RC, think about it. We are fighting about who should be the next MOD when it probably won't happen, and we sit here playing a game on the computer that is composed of math. lol. I thought we were done fighting Razor? Some posts you try making me a fool and make fun of me, others your my friend.  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

RazorClaw

Sorry. I got about 4 hours of sleep last night and the pointlessness of this thread REALLY started to get to me. Mainly, my anger was directed at Demon, but I managed to include you in my rant.  

DemonSlavers

um, yeah tell me somthing i dont know   ;)  
allo i am Demonslavers.  Feel welcome to P.M me anytime

Aim: Babylocke991

Email: Lockedapimp12@yahoo.com

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

wolf bite

I find this all very interesting.

Some people seem to think that it would be a popularity contest, which is it would not be. Lets look at what the requirements would be, if an opening did come up.

There has to be complete separation from friendship and the game.

A Mod can give some people a harder time then others, thus would make it unfair if they picked sides. For example: if the Mod only edited and deleted one point of view, it would give an unfair advantage to one side. If you notice, we will edit out rudeness, but not delete anti-Admin/Mod or forum statements if done with dignity. So a Mod would have to treat everyone the same, friends and enemies. Sure, some small violations are over looked. But people that are out to cause trouble do have to be dealt with, which often causes people to get upset at the person whose job it is to edit, and the Mod has to deal with that. So the Mods have to make sure that that their friends do not violate anymore then anyone else, and be fully fair.

Also there is the separation of forum and game. They can see IP numbers. If a person wants to post under a different name to hide their identity in some matter, then fine. So if an unknown member is boasting as to their in game horde name, then that information can not be let out, even to the downfall of a Mod. For example: If Ereptor posted under ?new guy? that he was leading the attack on the Mods clan in game, the Mod can see that it is really Ereptor, and can not attack or tell others to attack Ereptor.

The Mod also has access into the ?Admin Board Room,? where both problems with the forum are discussed and things like titles are picked. The Mod is free, and invited, to voice their opinions on any matter, however may never repeat that information outside.

Just as a note, the same rules apply to the Admins, but to a greater degree.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

DemonSlavers

Mod Demonslavers reporting for duties lol I wish. but yeah everything you said up at the top is true...
allo i am Demonslavers.  Feel welcome to P.M me anytime

Aim: Babylocke991

Email: Lockedapimp12@yahoo.com

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

Peace Alliance

Dead eye, were you to create your own game like RWL from the ground up, would you honestly leave it up to the public to pic a mod?

i wouldn't be comfertable leaving it up to the public, at least not 100%. i'd ask em what they think, perhaps they'd enfluence my decision, but no way would i let them pick for sure, for fear of ending up with someone nutty like... wait do you really need an example? lol

so yeah, i see what your gettin at... yep