SMG

Started by Wildwood, October 15, 2004, 03:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildwood

SMG is the stock market game on www.smgww.org.  It is baised on the real stock market but without real money.  If you win you get to go to New York.  it is pretty cool, even though I am in about last place.  Don't invest in Netflix....  Anyway I was wondering if anyone has played the game or has heard of it.  I think it cost 15 dollars to play for about 10 weeks, but our shcool got in for free.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

IB-frank

Only classrooms and students can play the stock market game, so I don;t think anyone here, besides you and I can play it. It's really boring. Lots of words and numbers. Bleh... :sick:
DO NOT RUN, TASTY CHILDREN! I WILL NOT HURT YOU! I AM YOUR FRIEND!

Wildwood

No kidding a lot of people in here are in a high school and high schools do it.
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

user posted image

Kilkenne

I played in high school last year, and the two years before that...It's all about short selling cheap stock after christmas time. Trust me. Made me 8 million last year in under a week. (started with 1) It's great.

((Don't know what short selling is? Someone say something and when I get back from Purdue tomorrow I'll go into detail and get my explain on, most people don't know how it works.))

Juby (Tercios)

If a stock splits, BUY BUY BUY  :ph34r:  
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Nohcnonk

Isn't splitting when a a company halves the value of their stocks but doubles the stocks that each stock holder owns?

And isn't short selling just buying low, selling high?

Wildwood

Short selling is selling first, then buying later, so you want a stock price to go down.

user posted image

Veranor

#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Kilkenne

Buying before you own it, not buying high and selling low, that is different. We call that stupidity.