Mount St. Helens

Started by Aqualis, September 30, 2004, 11:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqualis

http://home.pacifier.com/~richmond/Helens.jpg
Very, very big panoramic picture. Very cool.

http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/
Live webcam updated every 5 minutes.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040930_969.html
New measurements show the 975-foot lava dome in the volcano's crater had moved 2 1/2 inches to the north since Monday, Wynn said.

"Six centimeters may not sound like a lot, but imagine taking a 1,000-foot-high pile of rocks and moving it 2 1/2 inches. For a geologist, that's a lot of energy," Wynn said.

----------------

I just thought all that was interesting.

[EDIT: Caught this while watching the webcam.

Invasion of Giant Insects!]

[EDIT II: http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=1...mj30.Q&refer=us ]
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

The Lady Shael

*shudders* Ugh. *hates insects*

Yeah, that volcano is scary. I'm glad I live in Florida.  :P  

Anyone live around that area?
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

wolf bite

Naw, just California where the earth moves on its own. 2 bigesh ones this week.  Seems we all have something.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Peace Alliance

if i lived in cali, i'd build my house on a bed of springs... heck why don't i do that here in ontario? that'd be FUN!

i'd also make sure i'm near the beach... bu quite frankly, i don't think i've ever seen a west coast girl my age who wasn't good lookin. Thats where they keep the good ones!

Juby (Tercios)

hey peace, we don't really have anything do we? cept that ice storm a few years back.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

wolf bite

Peace,

Not really, they just know how to make themselves look good down here. It is almost a requirement. And if they don?t have the fundamentals to paint over, they go to the doctor and have it changed. Most natural lovelies seems to come from Texas (those that don?t need paint to look good).

But then back to springs, our tall buildings are built on rollers so they can role with the flow.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Ashyra Nightwing

Beetle. *pokes the beetle*

Ee. Volcanoes are scary...

RazorClaw

*puts bugs on Shael's head* It's a fly.

Guthorm Swordmaster

me too ashy imagine being trapped on it when it started erupting.

wolf bite

For all those that never leave their computer to watch the news, I am watching a ton of steam comming from it now. Rather cool.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Aqualis

[EDIT: There are a lot of pictures in this post.]
[EDIT II: Combine four volcano steaming pics into one large .gif. May take a while to load.]

More bugs

Interesting
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

windhound

neato
*pats cable connection*  piccys load fast ^_^

*watches steam*  ooh..  purty..  for somone who's someone who's rougly 3000 miles away ^_^
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ashyra Nightwing

Wow.. That's scary.

*hides behind the sofa*

The Lady Shael

*curses some words that would be otherwise filtered* You tricked me into looking at that picture with the bug, and I nearly had a heart attack....scared me to death...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.