thoughts to the contrary

Started by Peace Alliance, April 19, 2004, 03:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

Dumped land should go to the land form in its OWN location with the ladder system.

Each location is like its own seperate game, then if when you dump the land it goes to a different era, it is essentially just the same as taking the land out of the game.

sh0e

perhaps a poll is in order?

allowing circulation of land between areas does add an interesting twist
and it also keeps people from being too land drop happy

Veranor

Quote from: Peace AllianceDumped land should go to the land form in its OWN location with the ladder system.

Each location is like its own seperate game, then if when you dump the land it goes to a different era, it is essentially just the same as taking the land out of the game.
However, there's one problem, land leaves/enters anyways when people leave/enter the ladder set. Also if the dumped land goes down the ladder, than eventually it will come back up. If it's dumped up the ladder and you can drop down then it will come back as well. Am I missing something here or am I correct?

Also, why exactly do people drop land? I can think of only two motives: leader ratio, and to prevent their enemies from getting it.

Your plan would destroy the second motive, because now your enemies can get it. It would be an interesting tactic if the land farm had great defense: you drop land into your era's farm because you know your enemies can break you, but they can not break the farm. However you can, so you know you can get the land back. Sounds like a private market for land XD.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Retto

Your enemies wouldn't necessarily not be able to break the land farm. Plus, the purpose of land farms are to be just that - land farms, land resources for those warlords just beginning to give them an extra boost into the higher levels where land is dear and hard to come by.

Also, if you look at the code, you will realize that with land catching on, the total amount of land in the game goes up. Always. When warlords delete, their land is "caught" and sent to a land farm.

Do you think that the land should be divided among the land farms instead of going to one in particular?
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Veranor

Quote from: RettoYour enemies wouldn't necessarily not be able to break the land farm. Plus, the purpose of land farms are to be just that - land farms, land resources for those warlords just beginning to give them an extra boost into the higher levels where land is dear and hard to come by.

Do you think that the land should be divided among the land farms instead of going to one in particular?
I know I was just saying if the game were different it would be an interesting tactic to use (and of course you have no gurantee that your opponents will not break it, but still)

I say it should be split, so you don't suck all the land out of that ladder area, but also accomplish one of the purposes for dropping land.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

sh0e

land farms are almost always maxed
so getting land off the farms is usually not as easy as you make it out to be
id say land gone to the land farms is usually like throwing meat to the wolves
and that tactic you mentioned would be for the most part unchanged

Peace Alliance

Quoteid say land gone to the land farms is usually like throwing meat to the wolves
True, but who eats the wolves? ;)

Vera i see what your getting at. The problem is mostly that the majority of the land was going to northlands. And I like to know whats going on. Like if at the beginning of the week, people were hitting 100K on their land runs, then by the end of the week, they should be getting to the same or more. Otherwise it messes with my head, and my stratagy. And its true, whem people move over they take land, but that can be predicted, and avoided.

I usually only drop to get my ratio up after a nice food run or something...

Retto, maybe it would be cool with the ladder system to be able to drop the land to a certain landfarm? make a quick dropdown menu so people can send it to any farm they please. That would at least give each warlord some predictability as to whats going to happen with it.