TBV is here to stay.

Started by Ereptor, April 26, 2004, 10:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beem

Quote from: Beem1 this is a general discussion forum, so this is allowed here.  2, not just those two are in this.  ^^

I have nothing against the french, infact I love france and wish to move there.  I am studying french III years of it so far.  ^^

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html

check that out.

if not, they just go to google and type in

French Millitary Victories.  (if you type that and click I'm feelign lucky it says  "did you mean fench millitary defeats?" )  ^^
didn't you read my posT?! HERE! THAT LINK!

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Juby (Tercios)

I read it, just ignored the link, and that has to be the most ignorant thing ever, it ignored Charlegmane, It ignored the French Revolutionary wars (not the french revolution nor the napoleonic wars ( they took place from 1792 - 1799) agianst various nations like Piedemont and sardinia, Austria, Netherlands, German states, Prussia etc in which they whoooooppppped a whole lotta people, albinoblacksheep.com is not a legitimate historical site, it's just perpetuating terrible stereotypes in bad humour.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Beem

Quote from: Juby (Tercios)I read it, just ignored the link, and that has to be the most ignorant thing ever, it ignored Charlegmane, It ignored the French Revolutionary wars (not the french revolution nor the napoleonic wars ( they took place from 1792 - 1799) agianst various nations like Piedemont and sardinia, Austria, Netherlands, German states, Prussia etc in which they whoooooppppped a whole lotta people, albinoblacksheep.com is not a legitimate historical site, it's just perpetuating terrible stereotypes in bad humour.
then find us a ligitimate site, that tells us what you want us to believe.

"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Juby (Tercios)

alright, I'll do that, in the mean time I have a crazy idea, get an encyclopedia.  it's a crazy thing called a book.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Beem

Quote from: Juby (Tercios)alright, I'll do that, in the mean time I have a crazy idea, get an encyclopedia.  it's a crazy thing called a book.
Ouch, that hurts. I do know what an encyclopedia is ^^ and when I get one near by I will check it out.  

Hmmm... dad is a history buff and he says they never won a war.

Juby (Tercios)

here's a brief timeline, skims history but mentions Charles martel and others, thus proving you wrong, I'll find a better one too but here's proof right now.
http://www.uncg.edu/rom/courses/dafein/civ...iv/timeline.htm
and uhh, BOO YA

Beem

" Provence invited back the Moslems, who were defeated by Charles and his younger brother Hildebrand, then pushed out of Gaul forever."

interesting. I guess you could call that a war... I suppose.  well then I admit defeat.  the french did win something other than a bad rep.  Though the nepoleon question, "many military campaigns "  not wars.  He still lost.  

Juby (Tercios)

*has a dance* as for napoleon, various times during his reign he made peace with the other powers and then fought again so I would say that that'd mean he won wars but meh, I think John however will be much more stubborn.  I feel giddy now that I won, sure it's being a bit of a poor sport but meh.

Beem

Lol it is good to feel good that you won.  I give you the lable of historian.  ^^  lol.

General Austin

Yay. Congrats. You have just disproven a (Or many)  straw-man argument(s), after nearly a week of heated discussion with John, who has already acknowledged that it is a bunch of pooflah and is just doing it to make you frustrated.

Juby, you DO know alot, but this just seems like you're arguing for the sake of arguing so you can feel good about yourself.
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Juby (Tercios)

Quote from: General AustinYay. Congrats. You have just disproven a (Or many)  straw-man argument(s), after nearly a week of heated discussion with John, who has already acknowledged that it is a bunch of pooflah and is just doing it to make you frustrated.

Juby, you DO know alot, but this just seems like you're arguing for the sake of arguing so you can feel good about yourself.
well it's not just that, I mean i do like to win, but this invade france and invade canada business is just mean spirited, I felt I had to dispel the stereotypes.

General Austin

But everyone KNEW they were untrue. John admitrted it himself! What need is there to dispel stereotypes when it's been admitted that they're false?
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Juby (Tercios)

John only said the invade france part was just a joke, he still thought and perpetuated that Fracne had never won a war and all sorts of negative stereotypes about french people.