What is QMT?

Started by ~>John<~, January 12, 2003, 10:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tranos

It isn't...

However I think the mods drew the line when everyone said "sign up sign up etc. etc."

The rule is a little harsh but oh well.
Anti-long sig?

Ruatine

*shrugs* Don't look at me. I didn't move it and didn't think it needed to be...

I think I played QMT for about a week but got bored with it. I get bored with RWL too, but not as easily as I did with QMT. Of course, I'm not that interested in promisance games anymore. I don't have the time to play much nor the passion for it that I use to have.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Badrang the Tyrant

I think the no advertising rule is a lot of poo.  This rule makes the growth of other games almost impossible, especially if you don't want to message all the RWL people and ask them to join one at a time.

Devari

IMHO, any promisance game based off RWL or is part of the original code of RWL should be allowed to be advertised, no questions asked.

I mean, QMT is the basis of RWL. Why is it moved?

I agree with Badrang. Although the above is a suggestion, I'd much rather see no ad rules.

The only thing that should not happen is constant spamming of ads.

Retto

(To Veranor and those wondering: It was moved because we are based off QMT, we like them and appreciate what they've done with Promisance, and they aren't annoying)
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Badrang the Tyrant

Then what about TSR?  Beatles is gone, if you're wondering.

Myrhakel

Nothing wrong with advertising ..merf
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

Veranor

Quote from: Retto(To Veranor and those wondering: It was moved because we are based off QMT, we like them and appreciate what they've done with Promisance, and they aren't annoying)
Oh that hurts man :(
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

bjornredtail

QuoteFYI, the only reason the no-ads rule was created was to punish those RWL-clones that violated the GNU contract (as in the use parts of the source written by Retto and myself without giving credit or redistributing). We aren't Big Brother or anything... we were just protecting our intelectual property. Terrouge does not have an anti-ad policy and is not affiliated with RWL.
Note what BAX did right after Boze posted that...
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!