Staff Positions

Started by Randag, June 07, 2004, 10:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calria

DJ's generally start from about $250/hour, and they have their own speakers/mics.
Idea: someone contact the local high schools and find a teenager who can DJ for cheaper. There's a lot of kids who have the equipment, yknow.

As far as mics, *never* underestimate the number you need. In my experience, half the mic jacks are always broken anywhere where they're used by various groups, and you always end up needing more than you thought anyway.

The Lady Shael

I'll do anything left over.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

calria

The Lady Shael

*pats Cal* I am alive, don't worry.

Ran, it seems like I'll be going for RedCon for sure, because I graduate in '06, and my mom said it'll be my graduation present. I'm currently typing up the contests and demos from all the books, I'll try to post it up here by the end of the week. I'll try. I should get most of it done anyway. Actually, here's what I have typed up already:

Redwall-

p.55 Quarter-staff demo by Matthias
p.56 Constance?s Cudgel Class

Mattimeo-

p.47 get the Candied Chesnuts on the greased pole
p.48 Race around the Abbey grounds
p.48 Sack race
p.55-61 ?The Show? ?Slagar and others
   -juggling
   -origami butterflies
   -Slagar?s show of ?knowledge?
p.73 Slagar?s demo: bolas snapping oak

All page numbers are according to the American version. All of them will be, except Salamandastron and Taggerung, which are British.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Randag

Anything left over, you say. Well, I'll find you something nice and easy (of if you prefer, something with a reasonable amount of power) to do.

Thanks Jessie, I can see you put a lot of effort into it. Don't worry if you don't have it up by the end of the week, just do it at your own pace.

I'm glad to hear that you are able to go, I'll be looking forward to seeing you there. Let's hope it isn't just the staff there.  ;)

Thanks for the info, Sarah. Once we get started on the location, I can see if Falar wants to do something for me.

-Ran!
Walk With Pride, Protect Like The Night!
Harness Your Potential, Regret Nothing!

"Ash nazg durbatul?k, ash nazg gimbatul
ash nazg thrakatul?k, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul"

RedCon-Forums--- AK_f00 ---RedCon-Website
Destined For Greatness, But Pacing Myself!
You Know Me! You Just Don't Know It Yet!

Randag

Unless someone disagrees I'm going to cut down on the number of Staff positions we have. This, of course,  will make it harder for those who are actually on the staff as they'll have to do a lot more work, and they'll have a lot more responsibility too. But since RedCon is only 2 days, I'm sure we can manage to push ourselves that much extra during that time.

If anyone wants to join the staff (i.e. the staff needed in 2006), remember you'll have to commit yourself to this. But you can drop out at any time, though if you do I'll be less inclined to allow you back on the staff, should you wish to return.

-Ran!
Walk With Pride, Protect Like The Night!
Harness Your Potential, Regret Nothing!

"Ash nazg durbatul?k, ash nazg gimbatul
ash nazg thrakatul?k, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul"

RedCon-Forums--- AK_f00 ---RedCon-Website
Destined For Greatness, But Pacing Myself!
You Know Me! You Just Don't Know It Yet!