Turbo is Fun

Started by Wildwood, March 18, 2004, 07:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqualis

Quote from: windhounda noob = newbi = newbie = new person
many variations, it just means you're new people..
Not quite.

noob, n00b = jerk, beleives he knows more about everything than anybody else
newb, newbie = new person, ready to learn and move beyond newbie

-----------

I play turbo, just not as regularly as regular. I joined this round and forgot, but I'll play next round.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Nohcnonk

I hate that evil land dropping on Turbo...

Germania

Some people don't play turbo because they don't have time to play everyday.

Wolf Snare

Turbo is fun... I stole 40 billion dollars just last night ;)  
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

wolf bite

The ladder system is taken form what Xenocide and I came up with late one night. We were working on a way that would keep the better players attacking the better players and not wiping out the weaker ones. Also we wanted a game that would require more aggressive stance so that food and money masers would have to fight and thus be more venerable.  

QuoteWolf Bite and I have been giving considerable thought to how this game is played and how to make it better. We have identified a number of concerns, primarily that it is getting too passive. Many people are unwilling to fight each other; there is only a limited amount of ranks you can climb (often making the top 10 stagnant) and the better players are free to take advantage of new players. We stayed up VERY late one night, and this is what we came up with.

OPENING SUMMERY
This new method of playing is radically different from the current system. It encourages aggression, and rewards successes, even small achievements. It also prevents the top ranks from locking up. No matter who you are and how good you are, you are always moving up the ranks, the game is never stalled.

Xenocide

Sadly we did not take into account that people dropping land after each time they attack and destroying the game for everyone.

Not all the plan we had has been able to be programmed into the game.  We had wanted each county to have a separate top ten so that the Southland would be fighting only in a net fight against each other for their the top ten.  

And there are a few other changes for better or worse.  But it has at least made an aggressive game

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Wolf Snare

I really like the ladder system, but the time required in the top is rather long... a two day time period would have been a bit more reasonable.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

wolf bite

If you did not have to have the next county clogging up your top, then 4 days would have been fine. But right now, there are only 2 spots for Southland in the top ten.

Or if your timmer did not reset everytime you drop to 11th.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Wolf Snare

Yes. I like how it is setup now, when you drop out of the top ten the minutes just start counting the other way. Very simple, and convenient.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

thraka

I think the way it is this round (round 12??) is going well now though. I mean the bug for top ten per area has been fixed. My only question is that of now that we are in the next area why is the timers going now?? I mean at first i thought it was due to needing 10 people or more to make a top ten, but we have that now. Can we start the counters and goto the northlands now :P Just curious.
BUt overall this is much more fun now with massive clans, ladders systems and the fear of gang beatings to death, sry nohc will send aid when u get to moss, and i like that fact that if people do drop land then it goes to a land farm. Which is convenient for the lower guys if they fluke out and get to the next area.

Just my 2 cents worth, well maybe a cent and a half.. i need the other half for gas :P
Turbo: Capt Term 3rd
Normal: Still playing which is surprising since it gets really boring some times.