Makeup

Started by calria, November 24, 2003, 11:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calria

This idea came to me in another topic, and I thought I'd share, and see if the RedCon committee thinks it'd be useful...

Since I'm a theatre major, and am very much into the technical side of it all, I'm taking classes in the subject of Theatrical Makeup. In these classes, we've been focusing a lot on fantasy makeup, which includes animal makeup... and I've proven to be quite good at this sort of thing. I've even been asked to work on the makeup crew for a Houston production of The Hobbit this May, where I'm going to be doing mostly orcs.

I say all this to say- will there be a need for anyone to get dressed up as a critter? Or would it be fun to have a booth where I could do people up as this? I'd be willing to do it (I love doing makeup like this!) if there'd be a call for it... and there's all sorts of things that could be done with it. Perhaps a photo booth where you can get your picture taken with Martin the Warrior, or something along those lines? Maybe even a LARP!

Only thing is that if I was doing a lot of people, I'd need to charge a little because the makeup is expensive (especially if I was using wax to make ears, etc) but not much.. I already have a full kit of makeup for the class I'm in.

What do you guys think?  

Ashyra Nightwing

Oooh! I think that would be a spiffy idea..

calria

Thankies!
*wonders if anyone else will ever respond to this topic*

Riverpaw

As I probably won't be able to convince my parents in order to go, I have no say here. However, if I did, I would definitely praise this idea. It would really contribute to the LARPs (assuming they exist.)
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Scarwake

*decides to be the 1st RedCon staff member to comment on this*

Great idea, Sarah!!  Simply wonderful!  Hmmm...That makes me wonder if perhaps we should have Staff members be like different Redwall spieces at the Con or something....Or certain depts. of staff members be a certain spieces...

For example;
Technical staff could be ferrets
Directors could be badgers
Secretary of Treasury could be mouse

And so on and so on......Me likes your idea, Calria....And me likes me idea too!!
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

calria

*laughs*
Thank you, Toggie! I was starting to feel neglected! *sniffle*
It just has so many possibilities...
And anyway, furry suit-ype-things are expensive, even as rentals, compared to cremes.

Scarwake

Well, we wouldn't have to completely dress up as a spieces, but I mean like the make-up possibilities of becoming that spieces might be a possible idea...

Awww, you poor thingy-ma-bobber, feeling all neglected....
*baps other staff members to respond to such a grand idea*
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Krowdon

The Make-up idea sounds Grand! We could all get our faces painted as our warlord Species. LOL. I'd wear my fox ears too. :D
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works