An Exhibition Game

Started by Peace Alliance, June 19, 2003, 04:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackeyes

Quote from: Peace Alliancenot exactly, you could use 199 turns then save up to 200 turns again before leaving protection

(oops, just gave away advanced stratagy  :( )
Lol, not really advanced, I've done that tons of times.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Gen. Volkov

Oh.. OK, I get it... not that thats really advanced.. LOL Everyone does that... but why I was coonfused is you said you could only save up 200 turns and then the turns per minute stopped, I understand now.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

no thats not what i meant, sorry..

and you'd think it wasn't advanced, and yet i seem people leave without 450 turns all the time, does that make any sense?

Gen. Volkov

Not to me... but in Black ages it does.. because your account deletes itself if you leave it inactive for more than three days. Anyway I sometimes do because I'm so anxious to play the game.. I'm hopelessly addicted I guess....
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Peace Alliance

They've always deleted accounts due to inactivity.

Gen. Volkov

But the inactivity period was longer in past games... I once left my account alone for nearly a week and it wasn't deleted.. almost dead.. but not deleted

Riverpaw

Yes, except call it a "Party Server". 1 turn / min or maybe more. I dunno. I've thought of this before, but then I remembered the 1000 turn / 10 min free for all. I crashed my comp twice due to the large pages. I suspect it really strains the server. If it could be implemented in a way which allowed for good strategies and the meeting of RWL-ers, sure. My 2?.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Wolf Snare

No comment.
alothough I do like the idea of the 50 turns/5 minutes.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Nohcnonk

I think you should shorten your signature a bit...  :lol:
As well as thinking that it would be fun if Retto could do it... and he seems able to do anything ^_^

Beem

I really love this idea.  How much fun would that be?   it would be crazy-go-nuts!  People attacking, building, fleeing, ruling, being destoryed, dying, winning, losing, and all sorts of stuff.  HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE!  TOTAL CHAOS!  (oooo total chaos could be the name of it no?)  Anyway PLEASE DO IT RETTO!  *really wants to play sommat like that... 50/5 wow... so cool....  hehe*

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Ashyra Nightwing

Yess... Much fun it would be. *nods*

Peace Alliance

I also think it would be a good idea to make it so you get 2 or 3 times as much land scouting. That way people would be playing with a lot of land, right away.

Orcrist

Yea- that sounds awesome. It would take some time for the admins to set up though...
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Vengerak

This is an excellent idea.  Here's hoping it sees the light of day.

Beem

YEAH!  Start everyone off with like 1,000 acres and make the initial scouting be like 200 acres per land!  Ooooo so much land, so much chaos soooo great!   *Wants this to be made reality.  Protrates himself before Retto*  Please!?  *Makes saccrificial offers of skittles.*

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."