Misc. things, don't read unless you're

Started by The Beatles, September 11, 2003, 03:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Beatles

Hi.
1. I'm in Hungary. I hope to put an end to that within a week.
2. If you like the kill-oriented playing style we have in Duels, I'll start a server where people are on their own, reset every 10 days with a 3-day signup process an' all, so you can have fun and practice and stuff. Yes.
3. Imagine by John Lennon is a good song. Wait, I'll stop there. Or I'll get into a state of depression or something, that happens when I'm tired and despairing with the world.
4. Someone please bump up my webhosting topic @ Terrouge.
5. Anybody know good Redwall site lists? Dare I say it, one which is entirely comprehensive of the ROC?
6. Holby is cool.
7. So is Winnie-the-Pooh, but just about nobody else that I know.
8. (Holby, No. 6 was a compliment, but No. 7 doesn't refer to you and isn't derogatory.)
9. On a related note to No. 7, bathrobes are frood.
10. On a related note to No. 7, 9, and 10, snacks and honey are also Good Things.
11. Enough randomness. I really have an idea to make RWCenter crossbrowser (IE4+ and NS4+, Mac&PC). It'll take a while, though.
12. Do you like Beatles music? Good. You can get free Beatles music from me. At any time, via a fake FTP app. I'll do 'at later, after I get back.
13. Redwall Web Archive, yiss. Remember Usenet? I want to take Usenet's free-for-all principle and apply it to Redwall, just as a content-storage system. With mods, too. So basically you can upload anything, and if the mods don't like it they can delete it.
14. Anyone know a good web-based AIM client? Like a JavaScript, PHP/CGI solution? I could use that well. www.ai-buddy.com just won't work. If nothing comes up, I'll just have to make one later on.
15. Icons for the RWCenter navigation. Mitya, I think, is way too busy for this. But if you enjoy making 20x20 or so icons, email me @ jbarbero@u.washington.edu. I am not in a hurry at all. This is not a prod toward Mitya. It's a free-for-all contest, which usually gets the best quality, right?
16. Streaming music, via a java mp3 server and a java/flash mp3 client. That is, same as the music sharer, just realtime buffered playback and stuff. You'd have access to the same stuff, just makes it muuuuch easier for me, always being at a different computer, y'know.
17. Of course, most of what I said applies only after I arrive back, but then it'll apply with a vengeance in the 5 free days or so I'll have before college starts again. And then things shall be hectic again, and 15 minutes will be my maximum AIM online time. Cheers. Chat Bites will be handy. I should probably make an entire web-based, lagged IM system with user auth, rooms, and fancy javascript effects. Then again, maybe not.

Peace Out,
~Beatles

[edit1] Someone has nerve, but no spine? Hint, E to N. Kudos if you know, it's not inside. [/edit1]
[edit2] I used to be Twist and Shout on RWL turbo, but I didn't play it, heh. '63 on Please Please Me, ahh, shake it up baby, now, shake it up. [/edit2]

The Lady Shael

*shakes head* You must've been very bored...or very cut off from your RWL forum buddies. Keep it up on the sites.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

The Beatles

^BUMP^
Partly for the benefit of Xenocide.