Started by The Cow, June 29, 2003, 08:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Cow

I think Taggerung is awesome ::agrees::  ::agrees::  ::agrees::  
2nd Reg. Season BloodThirsty Wolves.
3rd Reg. Season ,Red Horde Of All Evil.
3rd turbo Season ,Blue Horde.
4th turbo season Red Horde Of All Evil.

They are all SOOOOOO good and touching, but Martin the Warrior is one of my favourites. I actually cried for Rose :( :(

Brock

I vote Long Patrol, then would come Taggerung, Outcast of Redwall, Mossflower, Triss, Martin the Warrior, Legend of Luke, and then all the rest.
I like Chicken, I like Liver, Meow Mix,Meow Mix, Please Deliver!

The Lady Shael

Hm, that's a difficult question, I have many favorites, and I try not to put one above the rest.

My favorites list:

Mariel of Redwall
Taggerung
Marlfox
Salamandastron
Legend of Luke

[EDIT] *reads Trident's post* Aha, forgot Legend of Luke.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Trident

Pearls of Lutra and Ledgend of Luke rock!

TS/RULES!

The Long Patrol was a great book, the best in my opion.  I think MAttimeo is the worst, it drags on for far too long and it is just not a good book.  
If only I was a Mario... I could Jump on bullies, Use Yoshi to spit random fruit juices at them, and basically beat the crap out of them...

Brock

I've read Legend of Luke too many times and now it's kind of boring.  I'm
re-reading all the books in alphabetical order now and I'm reading Legend of Luke.  Started  reading it a few weeks ago and I'm only on chapter 6. :(  
I like Chicken, I like Liver, Meow Mix,Meow Mix, Please Deliver!

Bloodrath

The book of Mossflower is my favourite book. Great story and plot line, and keeps me interested. One of the original books, this displays one of Brian's best writing skills. Great book!

Ruatine

Meh, I must have weird taste when it comes to the Redwall books.

My fav 5:

~Lord Brocktree (By far my most favorite!)
~Martin the Warrior
~Marlfox
~The Long Patrol
~Salamandastron

My most disliked out of all the books:

~Taggerung

Triss was okay, but definitely not his best work. Though I did enjoy the whole Riftguard Script thingie. I'm really looking forward to his book about Loamhedge. From what I've read about it, it seems like it's going to be really cool.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Trident

Brian Jacques has only problem, is that everything has already happened before.  Triss is like a re-run of Pearls of Lutra, both involving some far off island.   Every book is basically the same thing; something comes to Redwall and tries to destroy it, and Redwall alwasy gets saved.  That's why I liked The Ledgend of Luke; it barely even involved Redwall, and it was an entirely different story than the rest.  

Ashyra Nightwing

I really liked the Long Patrol. The battle was so well-written...

My top 5:
1. The Long Patrol
2. Marlfox
3. Mossflower
4. Martin the Warrior
5. Legend of Luke

The Lady Shael

*nods* I've noticed there's a niche for certain characters in each book. For example, find the similarity between Fuffle, Arven, Skittles, etc. Find the similarity between Shadow, Bane, The Wraith, Farran the Poisoner, etc. Find the similarity between Skalrag, Migroo, Lugworm, etc. Find the similarity between Rose, Cornflower, Columbine, Song, etc. They all have their little spot to fill in.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Aqualis

Once again, you try to make me chose one. And once again, I say no. Here are five of my favorites in no particular order.

Mariel of Redwall
The Long Patrol
Redwall
Salamandstron
The Legend of Luke

My least favorite is most likely The Outcast of Redwall. For me it was just completely boring. It seemed to have a broken story with no real direction. Everything seemed out of place.

I voted other.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Pikepaw

I got to this topic before the evil me.  I love most of the Redwall books and can't pick just some out of them.  I must conquer the evil me!
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

calria

I absolutely LOVE Martin the Warrior- it was the first Redwall book I ever read, read in an attempt to impress a crush I had, and I have to have worn out my copy and a couple of friends' copies re-reading it! Gotta love the pygmy shrews!