A story

Started by Trident, June 15, 2003, 06:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident

While I left for Colville yesterday, I ran into a friend of my father's.  We talked awhile, and then the subject came up about his mother.  "She was always a good woman," he started out.  "Whenever she saw a hitch-hiker on the road, she'd always pick him up.  Sure she had heard of the murderers, but she thought what if her son needed a ride?  Shouldn't people try and help out those who needed transportation?  She picked up a guy, and he said he'd go wherever she was going.  She brought the man to church, and he broke out crying within the first few minutes.  Afterwards, the very words were spoken.  'Sorry for the outburst, but by coming here, I've realized that what I was going to do was wrong.  If you hadn't of brought me here, I'd of by now murdered my brother.'  As it turns out, he was planning on killing his family, but because he was brought to church, his life was changed."

Thus is also the root of my quote:  "It's never too late to re-direct your life."

Peace Alliance

I REALLY love that story!
My formally pegan friend became christian recently. I was talking about it and she was like; "I'm not pegan anymore, it was all pretend". I was amazed, she was the kind of person to stick to these kind of things. But she decided christianity was better for her.

I think that although there is only one true religion, thatno matter what religion you are its always true feelings. The speritual feelings you get when warshiping anything are always there, and thats whats important i guess.

Blackeyes

That story was very touching , I hope that we don't have to put up with murderers and all of them bad sort in the future .
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Trident

I've heard many stories like that first one.  Here's another.

My friend was walking home, when he saw this guy who was a prep walking down the street, his arms full with books.  A gang of teens came by and knocked the books out the guys hands, and ran off laughing.  My friend helped the kid pick up his books, and then the prep told him that he was bringing all the stuff home because he was going to commit suicide because he hated being made fun of, and he brought home everything so his parents wouldn't have to clean out his locker.  Just by listening to him, and comforting him, my friend made the guy change his mind.

Cindarin

Touching... really it's touching.
"Without love life has no meaning." - Joseph Nicholas

"Looks are just an added bonus." - Joseph Nicholas

"Meine Liebe, Mein Leben, Meine Welt." - Joseph Nicholas

user posted image

Peace Alliance

i wish i had the ability to do that... *thinks* actually i've done it before, with many. People like to talk to me when they're depressed. I think its because i have such a big heart........ If you guys dont see it its because its hidden by the phone line........................................

Blackeyes

Tis truly sad what we have to put up with in the world these days . It was a grand thing that your friend was walking at that moment ... for that the world still has another brave soul .
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Trident

Quote from: Peace Alliancei wish i had the ability to do that... *thinks* actually i've done it before, with many. People like to talk to me when they're depressed. I think its because i have such a big heart........ If you guys dont see it its because its hidden by the phone line........................................
*grinneth*

You aren't bad, Peace Alliance.

Mistflower

My father thought about commiting suicide when I was seven.  I thought it was because of me, so I tried everything I could to make it better.  It never seemed to work.  
He was my skater boy
I never said 'See ya later boy'
He was good enough for me.
Now he does base guitar,
I love him even from afar,
We were made for eachother; now I think that you'll agree.

The Lady Shael

I thought of commiting suicide last year when I was homeschooled. It was horrible, I had no one to talk to, and no friends. Believe it or not, it was the Redwall series that saved me. After reading the series, I immediately found the ROC, DAB, and made most of the friends I have today. Running my site, and chatting and having fun with my friends helps keep my mind off of my real life, which has improved considerably, since I started public schooling this year.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.