Short highlights of yesterday

Started by TR Shadow, May 25, 2003, 08:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR Shadow

Yesterday was the best day of my life!  I got to go to a big Pokemon tourney with about 40 people.  I do that kind of thing a lot, actually.  But yesterday was the best!  I got up to leave around 6:00 in the morning.  That wasn't really a big deal for me since I usually get up around 5-6 anyway ^_^.  I brought three of my friends, Tina, Leslie, and Allison with me and we talked and watched movies the whole four hours on the trip to St. Louis.  It was quite fun.  I was starting to get a little nervous about three hours of the way there because I was going to see Colin for the first time in months.

When we got there I ran in and talked to Colin a little while and had him sign my penguin Yu-Gi-Oh card.  Don't get me wrong, I hate YGO.  But it's my lucky penguin and I love it ^_^.

The first tourney was a draft.  I was trying to draft water with the NG packs, but when they satrted the SR packs, I was as good as dead.  They had NO water.  I managed to make a fair combo deck with water and fighting, though.  I was the slowest drafter and the people in my pod got mad at me on more than one occassion.

Round 1:  Me Vs. Allison
This game went by pretty fast.  Colin finished early so he was looking over my sholder the whole game, making me even more nervous than I already was =\.  I got my Lapras's running by turn 3 and KOed anything she could bring against me.  She was finally able to KO it with her Lapras, but then Arcticuno did the rest.
1-0

Round 2:  Me Vs. Leslie
I had just beaten her younger sister and I was fairly confedent that I would win.  This time, I had two Lapras's doing all the work for me.  It lasted for about seven turns.
2-0

Round 3: Me Vs. Some kid with a girafarig deck
This game lasted a while and again, I had Colin over my sholder half the match ^_^.  He had a bunch of Girafarigs out and thankfully, I had Raticates/Snubbles that were resistant to Psychic.  He was doing a good job avoiding resistance with status affects.  It took a while, but I eventually won.
3-0

I came in first in the draft, but I didn't do so well in the Modified tourney, as I'm about to explain.  We had lunch at this point, which was really gross pizza.  I've always hated thin crust =\.  Colin did well in the draft too, going 2-1.

Modified: Round 1: Me Vs. Treeq
This game didn't go too long, as with some of my others.  I won on the second turn with my Seadra and his Houndoom's weakness to water.
1-0

Round 2: Me Vs. Random kid with a Scizor
Ok, I have MANY things to say about Scizor, but the forums have rules against profanity, so I won't say them =\.  He got four metal on Scizor on the fourth turn.  The only thing I could do was power up my Kingdra for the Twister to remove some of them.  Sayly he DGed King our and took it out with one hit with Scizor.  I was doomed.
1-1

Round 3: Me Vs. Newman
Two words: Tyrogue and FTKO.
1-2

Round 4: Me Vs. Tina
She got a Donphan going pretty quick, as I had a bad start.  Soon she was Rapid spinning every turn and I was striving to get a Jumpy out.  Finally I DGed her Donphan and KOed it with Jumpy in one hit.  I then took the rest of my prizes off babies and Phampys.
2-2

Round 5: Me Vs. Chad (Psyduck)
Chad got an Espeon/Tentacrewl combo up and running pretty fast.  I had a Horsea out and there was absolutly nothing I could do.
2-3

Round 6: Me Vs. Leslie
Tyrogue.  FTKO.  'Nuff said
2-4

Ok, so I did terrible in the main tourney, concitering how many tourneys I have won in the past.  I had horrible rolls ALL day!  Colin had gone 5-0-1, as he had a draw with Newman.  He made T8 and I had to leave before the T8 playoffs so I could be home before 3 in the morning.  so I said bye to Colin, who hugged me afterwards (Which I consiter to be the best part of the tourney ^_^).  We had just left when my brother realised that he had left his deck.  I went back in and got it back for him (and hugged Colin again ^_^).  It was sooooooo fun!

Props:

Meganium45 for running such a great tourney.

Colin for being the coolest B/F in the world, signing my penguin, and hugging me.

Mega Murkrow for running a cool draft.

Chad for being so cool during our match.

Tina for giving me a few good laughs on the way there.

Leslie and Allison for talking to me about stuffage.

And you for reading this.

Slops:

Scizor for being a...*will not finish the sentence because she's afraid of getting gagged*

Tyrogue for the same reason as Scizor.

YAY!  I have pictures!

~Julie~

Blackeyes

Hey , Hurray for Julie . I am so happy for you  . Good luck in the next Tournament .
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Abby The Rat

~blinks~ I wonder what Pokemon have to do with RWL????

~Laughs~

Nevermind, I'll leave for you Poky fans.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

TR Shadow

If anyone wants to read another report, done by Colin (who did a lot better than me), go to http://boards.wizards.com/tcg/ultimatebb.p...c;f=78;t=003325.

Ad: Pokemon has EVERYTHING to do with RWL!  *Thinks* Ok, never mind.

Trident

Those picturres of Colin are much better than the ones he showed me.  He is hot... but not as hot a new ppl I like:  Daniel, Ben, and Nick P.!!!   (nick NOT being the digusting one).

RazorClaw

You had Colin sign a penguin card? *is confuzzled*

Ashyra Nightwing

Yay! Someone else who hates Yu-Gi-Oh! *hugs*
Congratulations! You did well!

*hates her own Normal-types*

Blackeyes

Hey I am here to say that Yu-Gi-Oh is really g** .. sorry if that was bad .. I will take it back if it was .
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

RazorClaw

Yu-Gi-Oh! is the scum of the universe, the scourge of the galaxy, the- *quickly stops himself*

TR Shadow

I couldn't agree more with any of you.  YGO is taking over here.  Pokemon used to be the big thing and when YGO came everyone got out of Pokemon to try YGO.  I tried it too, but Pokemon is WAY better.  YGO is barely worth trying.

~Julie~

Stormclaw

*shudders* I look after two children who play YGO exclusively, having switched from Pokemon. Neither seems to be all that great, to me...

*sits and dreams about the MagiNation deck he plans to get in a few weeks*
A Departed Hero...

The First Emperor, Stormclaw, called by history The Noble, Longest-Ruling of the Eight.

RazorClaw

MagiNation? Aren't those the 3-D figurines or something? Yu-Gi-Oh is more unhealthy for young children than Magic: The Gathering.

Veranor

What's wrong with MTG? Not that I play really anymore. Plus 3D figurines aren't that bad... sigh though they all leech out my money *shakes fist at wizards of the coast*
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

RazorClaw

MTG has things that wouldn't exacty be............appropriate. For a bunch of the 6-, 7-, 8, & 9-Year olds.

Stormclaw

No, MagiNation is cards- and the only one I've come across that doesn't make me go "Whoa, okay, that's creepy...."
A Departed Hero...

The First Emperor, Stormclaw, called by history The Noble, Longest-Ruling of the Eight.