Why do you like Redwall

Started by CoolClaw, April 30, 2003, 07:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolClaw

I was wondering why I was so fascinated with Redwall the books. I don't really know why I like it maybe because its really original, but I was wondering why everyone else likes it.  

P.S Look new face thingies: ::disagrees::  ::cries::  ::agrees::  <3  :snicker:  :sick:  :strange-eyed:  
"Ever since using Strongbad's Ab- Abber 2000, the ladies have been all up ons"
-Strongsad

Lend me some sugar, I am your neigbor!

Whats cooler than bein cool? ICE COLD!
Shake it like a Polroid Picture!

Aqualis

I like the way all the characters interact and have special, specie specific, traits. The story in the early books was also incredibly well written, and that keeps me coming back to read the rest.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

CoolClaw

I don't think the characters are that well developed, like in Harry Potter all the characters are well developed.  But There are only four HP books and they use the same characters, while in Redwall there is probaly well over 100 and 14 books, I think.
-Strongsad

Dead Eye

I just like the books. Jaques knows how to make his stories come to life in my mind.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&#039;http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha&#039; target=&#039;_blank&#039;&gt;http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Spokesperson for The winter clan. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Beem

I enjoy the style of writing he has.  Personifying animals with an action/adventure/riddled plot.  It keeps my mind working, and that makes me happy.

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Brock

I don't know why I love Redwall so much.  Perhaps it's because of all the action and story lines.  
I like Chicken, I like Liver, Meow Mix,Meow Mix, Please Deliver!

Sha

I love Redwall for the fact it's so complex. I adore complexity. It confuses me to death, but I love it. Ever try reading The Silmarillion? Well, that's complexity to the max. Woo. Anyway. I just adore the writing style (especially in Redwall - that has the best writing style of all of them) and how the different species have different personalities but still tend to get along. I really don't like the war aspect of it, but I guess there has to be a conflict to keep the rest of you interested. *grins* I don't really know why I like it. Perhaps because I just happen to like well-written books.

A few ponderments - I was wondering if Brian Jaques was planning on ending the series after Mattimeo. For if you read just Redwall, Mossflower, and Mattimeo, it seems that the series is complete - especially with the ending of Mattimeo and the naming of Martin. But. *shrugs* Just my random though after rereading Mattimeo yesterday ^^;

How I love the new smilies...
I'm not sure why I like Redwall. I picked up the Pearls of Lutra because it had an interesting front cover, and after that I was addicted. It's probably because of the incredible writing.

Trident

You can relate with Redwall characters; the vivid war scenes and nature styles are also very pleaseing.  Of course, Gary Chalk shouldn't be the artist...the british dudes are better that that  :snicker:

CoolClaw

Pearls of Lutra definately has the best cover.  It was a very good book, I have read them all except Lord Brocktree which I'm reading now.  Its really good so far.
-Strongsad

Pikepaw

I like how Jaques had written it so that you feel for the characters as if they were real and weep or want revenge when one dies.  It also has great humor in some parts and the spirit of great warriors who fight for family and friends.  The weapons and stratgeys used and how you class different creatures.

Nobody make any bad conments about that!
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.