Making Turbo More Interesting

Started by Retto, May 31, 2003, 05:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retto

We're going to have a vote on it, but in general, it would go like this:

I make an account on Turbo. Then, I pump it with 500,000 acres of land. I then gift it a few large armies. It will be allowed to attack at most once per day (negotiable).

The goal of turbo will then become to overthrow this Emperor, who will be built mostly for defense.  
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Peace Alliance

Awww, i was hopin it would be more like 1 million acres of land. It wont take long for my to break 500k.

QuoteIt will be allowed to attack at most once per day (negotiable).

The problem with that, is that to attack somebody MUCH higher then you you're economy usually rely's on the success of the attack and to balence out you will need to get a lot of land. In other terms, if you dont get enough land then you will suffer an economic downfall so bad that it wouldn't have been worth the land you got. Was that... understandable?

Peace Alliance

OH, I just thought, as a side note to that. If you were to make it so there were two attacks on it per day, then make it so that it were at 1 million acres of land, then if somebody did break it they could get like 50k in 2 attacks witch should normally be enough for a good enour economic recouvery to cover the cost of the military right?

Retto

Not two attacks on it, two attacks from it.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Pikepaw

So you mean Retto is that the account would only get to attack someone else twice, right.
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Peace Alliance

Quote from: RettoNot two attacks on it, two attacks from it.
Ummm... What does that mean? To get attacked from somebody usually means you're BEING attacked... How is it supposed to be really defensive if its attacking too?

OH, and just another question, will its stats be posted on the forum?

The Beatles

We toyed with a similar idea on Duels I, when we voted for Duels II, but nobody in the forum voted for it, so it wasn't really popular...

Mark

I like that Idea!  but it should have 1 million acres...peace is right. ya could even go as far as 1.5 million acres. :D  
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

fatso

will that mean that attacks between warlords will stop or will you have to attack to gain land/money? or will you be able to scout and get lots of land? becuase if you can't attack anything but the emperor, you should make a weak emperor for the smaller warlords.  

Peace Alliance

The game stiff functions as normal, just with a new objective

Cindarin

If they make a weak emporor for the smaller warlords the larger worlords would kill him in a matter of seconds. Everyone knows it.
"Without love life has no meaning." - Joseph Nicholas

"Looks are just an added bonus." - Joseph Nicholas

"Meine Liebe, Mein Leben, Meine Welt." - Joseph Nicholas

user posted image

fatso

what if you make it that you have to be below a certain rank to attack it? :unsure:  

Brock

People will drop land to lower their rank and then attack it.
I like Chicken, I like Liver, Meow Mix,Meow Mix, Please Deliver!

Peace Alliance

If you dont have over 320 mil networth then the emporor will be to large to attack :P