IS anyone else noticing having these problems?

Started by evord, April 24, 2003, 03:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evord

ok, maybe I'm just sore from losing some of my land... But I'm curious to know what folks think, cause this smells fishy to me.

Wolfbite and leader come outa nowhere from almost no land to crack me and incisive fang with stoats on sunday.. Now I had enough defenses to block at least 9,000,000 stoats.  First question, how the heck do you build up an army of 9,000,000 stoats on less than 30,000 acres of land? I don't think this is fishy, I'm just curious.

Second, what bothers me most.. After the blitzkreig I was able to attack back some, but only about 10 times each on leader and wolfbite before they were maxed. That kinda sucks after suffering from nearly 20 attacks each.  According to the news search, no one else had hit them in the between time. So why the inbalance?
Third, no one was able to attack them back for days. Odd, every other time I've dealt with non-clan warlords, its been possible to hit them twice every hour after they were maxed out. I've combed over the forums but there's no offical notice of this change. I wonder if it applies to all non-clan warlords now. Right now, they are immune to assault as long as they don't attack. So tater has to just sit on its duff and just take it, hoping to be be able to hit back.

Fourth, as of sunday.. (hey hey, around the time I got sacked), I can no longer send aid. Clicking the link reveals the message, "cannot send more foriegn aid" automatically. Never mind that I have allies I might want to send aid to.  I only recently reported this in the bugs section so maybe the Admins just haven't gotten back to me.

Fifth, Split and I noticed that some of the attack/defense times for leader and wolfbite changed between the sunday assault and monday when we were counter-attacking. Odd indeed.

HOWEVER, all of this suddenly crops up at the same time when leader and wolfbite (both old players from my understanding) launch their assault on tater. I bet some of this can be explained, but the coincidence of attack with possible game changes and the surfacing of some "bugs" makes me suspect a setup.

Someone please prove me wrong on this... I like this game. :(

Btw-- I would've put this in bugs, but I feel its a broader issue than that
gobbling or somekinda hordes... taker yer pick.

Retto

While you may suspect this is treachery (With "mandatory" finger pointing towards Wolf Bite), it is, truly, a bug of buggy porportions.

You see, somehow, our clock has become messed up. Very messed up. It has a thirteen minute window in which to send turns so that Getting Aid Credits, Vacation Managing, and Recent Attack #s are changed. So, somehow, it's missing the window, and things are going very unhappily. I'm working on fixing it, but it takes time.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Holby

Yiss, I knew it was happening too. Being unable to steal money from people who have billions, and sitting around waiting for them to be unmaxed is a pain. 'Specially when they haven't been attacked for days.
I will not deleted this

evord

Ahhh... ok,,, anger calmed. I know how annoying those kinda glitches in code can be to route out. I think that, even though it might be for a long time.. vacation mode is looking really good.

-id-

Thats good to know at least, Retto, but why not let us know sooner? I posted a thread in the bugs section a few days back when this whole mess started and we didnt hear a word. Is seeming like things have been stacked in others' favor lately, what with not being able to prepare raiders unless I have a minimum of a 120% chance per the leaders/huts rule and so on.

Seeing how you say this is a bug, and WolfBite / Leader certainly knew about it and are abusing it (ie saving up 450 turns to spend all their time attacking, then hiding out because they can't be hit until they have another 450) isn't that a problem? It is for us as things stand. :P Only reason they've actually been able to -do- anything is because we can't hit them back.

A little flaky, suspect, and lame.

Ereptor

I see so many blind posts on this forum.  A lot of you people post.  Oh we love you admin.  We love this game.  BLAH BLAH BLAH.  That is all and good.  But are you saying it out of blind love.  I mean seriously.  If wolfbite and leader were cheating and admin were helping them out, would you sit here and say oh well if Ereptor wasn't so big we wouldn't like it.  But since Ereptor is so powerful, lets break the rules of the game and let them cheat so they can take Ereptor down and we will all feel better.  I have seen so many people defend a game but not really defend it.  When retto changed it so i couldn't prepare raiders or move south or north.  Most people said, Yahhh cool.  Thanks retto.  Why?  because it was in your best interest.  Because i was the big bad Emperor.  I can't believe you people.  You are the kind of people that want the FBI and CIA to have all the power in the world so they can catch "terrorists."   Do you realize the power they have been given now?  Big brother might as well be your Dad, grounding you for a week.   I know this sounds like a rant a rave.  But some of you need to seriously think before you post, "yaaaa break the rules to get rid of the bad guy."  All we need is another Sept 11 and whammo all our rights are just shot down the drain.  Don't let terrorists win, don't let them change our lives.  We are the future and we can decide weither terrorists control our country.  Stand up for the rights of the people.  Not for your own personal agendas.  And definately don't blindly follow the leader.  

A quick note.  I do not believe retto and wolfbite and leader are connected.  It is a bug i believe.  
Wolfbite is a good player.  And he is squeezing all the guice out of this bug he can.  Because it is the only way he is surviving.  Shame on you.  Heh even though i would proboly do the same thing.  Using Josh's old trick ehh?  heh

Quotes from Retto's post on Ereptor being regulated....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are you complaining? You have like 10 times the networth and land of everyone in the game.

I am Yellow Eyes!

R-Guardians of Night (#59)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think of it as an added challenge.

The 'ittle otter,
Retto

You could always scout for land... although I'm sure at that high of a NW you'd be gaining about 1 acre/turn.

Collect food! You don't need land for that!

--------------------
===== @->-->-- =====

Queen Cal
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

evord

I like to give the admins the benefit of the doubt. Its gotta be tough to run one of these games, and redwall is one of the better tick-based games that I've found.

However, I also have no problem calling out when I see unfairness, abuse, etc...