Hacking, glitch, bug, or cheating???

Started by Ereptor, April 21, 2003, 10:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ereptor

Leader and Wolfbite.  Out of nowhere jumped into the top ten attacking and taking land.  Using their clan the blade they declared war and then when they finished they left their clan so that when we attacked we could not attack them for long because of the fact that when you are clanless you get maxed out on attacks.

this worked.  but there was one little glitch.  Last night when me and tater tried to attack them, it wouldn't let us.  Wolfbite hadn't been attacked for 14 hours!!!  And despite our tries no one was allowed to attack him.  I took this straight to retto.  He said it was a bug and that it would take a long time to fix.  This was acceptable.  

Then this morning i logged on with the taters again to attack him.  This is a conversation explaining some of what was said.

EreptorTheGreat: sup boyssssss
Kasilith: hey
Kasilith: still cant attack either of them.
EreptorTheGreat: no way ?
Kasilith: was able to attack leader twice.
Kasilith: Cant attack wolfbite
EreptorTheGreat: this is totally out of hand
Kasilith: yeah
Kasilith: Weird...the time Gobbling attacked yesterday has changed..
EreptorTheGreat: really ?
Kasilith: yup.
Kasilith: read my forum post. he attacked at 07:48 yesterday in the post
Kasilith: news says he attacked at 13 something.

The can understand a glitch.  But this glitch actually changed the time of the attacks.  This is wierd.  And i am wondering what everyone else makes of this.  
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Dead Eye

Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Badrang the Tyrant

You know, Wolf Bite is not stupid!  He knows that you would attack him because you are afraid that he will dethrone you.  Like on Turbo, he probably has someone to attack with a pitiful amount of troops to keep him maxed out.

Peace Alliance

on turbo, when wolf bite attacked lonewolf. i started attacking blood wake. and i noticed that when i waited for an hour after it was maxed out, i wouldn't get my one attack. but that problem has been fixed, it might just be taking longer to take people off max attacks for some reason. although that would be a very wierd bug. kind of funny that i noticed that when wolf bite was attacking in turbo, and you noticed it when he was attacking in regular... i doupt its anything but a strange bug.

Mark

I remenber that I was working under wolf bite...

I was attacking him with 1 skiff to keep him maxed out
I reget doin' it nut I attacked once and forgot ta attack with just 1 skiff and I broke though and took 13,000 arces :D  
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Trident

Quote from: MarkI remenber that I was working under wolf bite...

I was attacking him with 1 skiff to keep him maxed out
I reget doin' it nut I attacked once and forgot ta attack with just 1 skiff and I broke though and took 13,000 arces :D
That os just weird...1 skiff does that much damage?

wolf bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Orcrist

One thing that I've found out is that after you attack someone too much, you can wait an hour, and only get another 1 or 2 attacks in. I think the glitch is that every hour, the attacks should get completely reset, not just partially...
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Ereptor

but wolfbite had 14 hours of no attacks.  
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Orcrist

Hmm...it may be a glitch. Shouldn't this be in the bug section then? Retto- is there any way to transplant a thread to a different section?
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Badrang the Tyrant

Exactly, he has more than one person attacking him with 1 skiff ya know!  :lol:  

wolf bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Mark

read the post right! I attacked with all my skiffs not just 1...shesh :rolleyes:  
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

-id-

Amused, Wolfbite?

Seems you're doing -something- that isnt posting in news to keep yourself maxed out on attacks. Maybe you could enlighten us new folks as to what that is so we don assume you're thick as thieves with the admins?