Sevz...not so scary

Started by cloud, December 09, 2011, 06:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

His comment was accurate and funny. Jesus was treated horribly when he was on earth.

A small correction though, firetooth, Jesus does "show resistance." Not through violence, but passive resistance. There are countless examples in the bible.

Also, I agree with cloud, moose is my favorite poster.

Muse

Whatever. He suffered big-time. Why discuss it with such levity?
Stop! Don't touch me there,
this is my private square!

Firetooth

Lol, I'm sorry Muse, but you are quite hard to take seriously. ;)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Muse

Peace Alliance

I could go into depth about why the crucifixion was tragic, and how you need faith to understand that so you cannot expect it from the unfaithful. But mostly, I think you need to realize that tragedy is funny. You laugh at it all the time, whether you think you are or not. A social condition of humans is to create humor out of horror because it helps us get through life. To quote Michael Scott:
QuoteThere are certain topics that are off limits to comedians: JFK, AIDS, the Holocaust. The Lincoln assassination just recently became funny. 'I need to see this play like I need a hole in the head.' And I hope to someday live in a world where a person could tell a hilarious AIDS joke. Still one of my dreams

[edit] and yes, I consciously decided to refer to Michael Scott from The Office, rather then referring to Shakespeare. That's because I'm a totally sanctimonious butthat.

Firetooth

Quote from: Muse on December 14, 2011, 02:09:09 PM
Why?
You just take things far too seriously. Just lighten up a bit and accept a joke for what it is. It's not a joke that's really going to offend you unless you go out of your way to get offended. The fact Peace Alliance, as a christian, found the joke funny shows that.

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Muse

Wolf Snare

This topic has become a spamfest. This is the turbo forum, it should be discussing matters in the game only. Since the original topic has been dealt with & nothing productive has come of it whatsoever since, I think it's gone on long enough-- a few pages too long, infact.

Topic locked. Take it to the spa please people.

A serious discussion about religion can be started in UMD if anyone so wishes to go down that road.

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)