turbo round suggestion

Started by Pippin, July 19, 2011, 10:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neobaron

The issue you run into there, pippin, is "who gets to choose teams" and "why did I get picked last."
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Firetooth

Quote from: Neobaron on July 19, 2011, 12:34:15 PM
I dunno Shadow. The no leader rounds I have done have been more grindy and thinky than any other experience I have ever had in RWL.

---

The last forced clan round we did was awful and I will stand and yell veto until my lungs collapse.
That's because it was storehouse and the teams were terribly inbalanced.

Clan vs Clan are good, BUT only if the teams are manually selected to a degree. (eg. Players moved if one team is far too good)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

I tend to prefer round themes that completely and utterly ruin all established strategies. Just removing one strategy... meh. It just closes options without really adding anything new. I have suggested that we play a round with

1) No merc sell
2) No loot or feast missions

This way, indy only works through public market sales, but the only way to get cash is through markets/tents, food through foragers. It is no longer viable to build all huts or all barracks, but at the same time, huts and barracks are still both useful buildings for offensive and defensive purposes.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Neobaron

Your leaders would just switch to stoat and it would be a slower developing business as usual.

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on July 19, 2011, 12:39:21 PM
I tend to prefer round themes that completely and utterly ruin all established strategies. Just removing one strategy... meh. It just closes options without really adding anything new. I have suggested that we play a round with

1) No merc sell
2) No loot or feast missions

This way, indy only works through public market sales, but the only way to get cash is through markets/tents, food through foragers. It is no longer viable to build all huts or all barracks, but at the same time, huts and barracks are still both useful buildings for offensive and defensive purposes.
That might be good. Or possibly clan wars with that mixed in.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Pippin

Quote from: Neobaron on July 19, 2011, 12:36:10 PM
The issue you run into there, pippin, is "who gets to choose teams" and "why did I get picked last."

you organize the teams on the forums maybe by request, but then i suppose some members dont have a forum account. not the best idea i've had i guess.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Shadow

Quote from: Neobaron on July 19, 2011, 12:40:19 PM
Your leaders would just switch to stoat and it would be a slower developing business as usual.

What do you mean? Leaders can't produce things in my scenario, they are only good for offense and defense.

Ruddertail

Firetooth, the problem isn't too much clan play, it's too little. Seriously, when was the last time there was more than one serious clan for the entire round - it was the KM round. Black Guard started out well, but y'all kind of fell apart halfway through. And this round, there were some attempts to stop us from going after the emp, but no serious competitor to actually take out the emp. I'll remind you that KMS started out with 4 players, and we tried our best not to pick up everybody good. That only happened when no other clans started with the serious intent to take out the emp.

So no; not to much clan play.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Neobaron

Exactly Shadow.

What is the primary purpose leaders serve in organized/team RWL play right now?

To hold (defend) net.

I understand what you mean, and in the microgame it would be true. Individual players would be different.

But the macrogame would be unchanged. Indys would still make their troops, and leaders would still hold them.

Ruddertail

Possible difference neo - each side would need to run some magpies/ferrets to make their resources for them. But that's about it.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Shadow

But neither of them has a reliable way to make resources. There would have to be a third person feeding both of them. Either that, or they would have to deviate from 100% in one building type and actually think about land allocation. Which is exactly what I wanted ^_^.

Neobaron

Not necessarily.

For "why indys don't need to rely on others to make food" see Volkov this round.

Cash would be a problem though, so I suppose you have a point.

---

This post was in response to Rudderbutt.

Pippin

i was reading earlier lizards were able to make a lot of land within a run starting on 1 land. this could prove useful in a organized team producing food or cash through markets and foragers.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Shadow

Indies can make enough food to fund production of stoats and skiffs. They do so at a production cost, though. Rats and weasels eat too much for it to be worth it, especially with the aid credit change.