redwall.org is back and redesigned

Started by The Lady Shael, June 08, 2011, 08:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

www.redwall.org or www.redwallabbey.com

The Official Redwall website seems to have been redesigned and is preparing to revive the ROC. While they don't actually state this is their intention, they put a forum on their website (for the first time ever), and if executed right, this may very well revive the Redwall Online Community.

Right now the forum only has a General Discussion board, but we'll see what direction they plan to take it in. It'd be nice for RWL to get a link up on the Links page too, considering the Redwall Wiki is the only active website up there currently. We probably need to do more Redwall-y things though, we've drifted from that in recent years.

totally not a fan of the Papyrus font or the frames but hey
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Sharptooh

I think the Papyrus font actually suits it, the frames don't though :-\

The forums sounds like a really good idea, but it doesn't look well implemented at all, the background image is just wrong and obscures it in such a way I find it hard to look at and read

Saying that this site gets a fair bit of traffic (at least compared to other redwall sites) so it could become quite popular

Also see you posted on the forum Shael  :)

Kyrolin Zenyar

I have infiltrated the redwall.org forums.  Glad it's back!
Highest Rank: 1 (turbo)
Lowest Rank: Last?
Quote from: Krowdon on May 29, 2011, 08:52:15 PM
Who goes to war over spam? ohrite, we do. RSL!

Kilkenne

Suppose I'll wait until it gets some kind of activity then I might hurf a post that people might read and subtly try to get them to come here.

Daryn

Cool! Maybe we can get some siggy advertisements up there.
Pies.

Abby The Rat

I think the Redwallabbey should of just linked to Terrouge as it forum, personally as that was the biggest ROC forum in it times.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

The Lady Shael

It should have linked to Terrouge before, definitely, since it was the hub of the ROC at its peak. I'm not sure why they never did (I found the ROC through DAB on the redwall.org links page). Unfortunately, Terrouge is just about dead (they haven't even released their Brian Jacques tribute issue yet). The charismatic  and talented people who once made up the Terrouge staff are all retired and grown-up, and there just don't seem to be many Redwall kids interested in writing or reading an e-zine.

They keep pandering on about how there aren't any active Redwall sites left...and I keep telling them RWL is still alive. -.- It's like I'm invisible.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Ruddertail

We're not really a Redwall site in the truest sense, though. I mean, there's a bunch of people who have never even read the books, and most of our discussions are either RL stuff or game stuff, rarely book stuff. Yes, we're Redwall themed and awesome, but. . .
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Kilkenne

I think being "Redwall Themed" is the important part at present, though, really.

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Ruddertail on June 09, 2011, 12:29:57 PM
We're not really a Redwall site in the truest sense, though. I mean, there's a bunch of people who have never even read the books, and most of our discussions are either RL stuff or game stuff, rarely book stuff. Yes, we're Redwall themed and awesome, but. . .

If Terrouge gave that as their reasoning, it'd be slightly hypocritical, because they started allowing non-Redwall-related material on their e-zine years ago, as an attempt to stay active. Most Redwall sites had to adapt to the unfortunate but apparent decline in interest in the Redwall series, us and Terrouge included.

The Lady Shael

Hey guys, the forums are pretty active now and there's a pretty good bunch of people there. :) If you have time, head over there and make some friends and tell them to come hang out with us at RWL. :P

(also the font is no longer papyrus, yay)