Best race for half land?

Started by Etendue, May 29, 2011, 04:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Etendue

I see so many people doing ferrets, it's making me reluctant switching to stoat.
Why can't I stay away from this game?

"You're kidding me. Did you just stuff that Aperture Science Thing-We-Don't-Know-What-It-Does into an Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator?" ~GLaDOS

Holby

Stoat could be a fun race this round! Ruining stuff, being aggressive.
I will not deleted this

Etendue

But why are so many people choosing ferret?

Is it the foraging bonus?
Why can't I stay away from this game?

"You're kidding me. Did you just stuff that Aperture Science Thing-We-Don't-Know-What-It-Does into an Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator?" ~GLaDOS

Shadow

:O

be a ferret an find out!

Stoats are also decent half-land races
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

I think with camps Magpie and Marten have potential.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Yellow Eyes

Yeah, I don't see why being a Ferret would be a good choice, being as they are mostly, I believe, run best at 100% foragers.

Any other race seems like a better choice to me.

Sevah

Wildcat looks like it's improved. Stoat would be the best race if more people chose it. Most people should be using ferret as a leaderer since foods abundant and upkeeps superb with effective defence at cheap prices
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Firetooth

I completely forgot about wildcat...may well be interesting for somebody to try it this round, however as a solo race in such a team-focused round I don't see it getting much competitive round. It's a shame as I think this round is a great way to use races other then leader solo, however I don't think it will be capitalized on.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Twilight Shadow

But not having cities, will make it tough on wildcats...I believe

Sevah

nah, cities don't really help.  Markets are easier to rebuild and the workers capacity at 5% in southsward is more than sufficient without investing in cities that people love to steal.

Why is it team orientated? top ten is all clanned cept 1 solo dude dominating by miles

Kilkenne

It is you, you are the solo dude.

Hi Sevah :3

Sevah

a bug happened and he got broken. Oh well. Will the mysterious stranger recover?

Daryn

Only in time will tell.

Wolf isn't very good for this round, so I might switch to Ferret. Food is my friend.
Pies.

C.L.U

My advice for any programs utilzing the stoat's capabilities is to build 50% foragers during loyalty runs so you can use this as another source of networth. This would also work well for any other leader races programs may be using.
Quote from: C.L.U on June 02, 2011, 11:02:35 AM
Firetooth is the perfect program; wit, charm and intelligence all rolled into one. You should all aspire to be as him if we are to create the perfect system.

Sevah

Race selection mainly depends on motive. If you've got team mates choose ferret stockpiler or rat donater, if your fending for yourself go lizard farmer or fox casher.
Unsure and under heavy fire msg the ninja with bounties