Call for feedback

Started by Shadow, March 07, 2011, 06:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Have indies found that their runs are easier and more profitable in the last 2 days? Please, I encourage everyone to try intdy in the near future (solo) and report back to us on its feasibility as a solo strategy, and if the recent cost reductions were enough to make it work as a solo strategy.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

Land is still the limiting factor for solo indies.

Food costs are negligible, too much so. I could feed 120mil + net of troops with 2000 foragers over a run.

Money is close to before, although it seems a bit tighter, but not to a level that makes it difficult to play. I'm using Lizard also if that helps.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Shadow

We have not changed food at all yet except in the foraging and food bonuses.

Juska

Rat's  (the race) old food consumption and production stats must have been hugely debilitating. I'd say money-wise the indy is sound right now, I'll see how much next run goes from starting from higher troop net.
Current Empires:

Shadow

new rat is +10% for food consumption, old rat was +40%. So a fairly significant difference. But most of the difference is likely due to the reduction in the speed at which troops are produced. Perhaps we will increase the food stat for indiers a little bit.

Gen. Volkov

Yeah, indy with lizard was way easier. I built way less foragers than I used too, and still gained food my whole run.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

Ok. We will take lizard and rat food consumption up a few notches.

Juska

Cash is pretty much spot on. I was able to sell down all my troops at the beginning of the run and ran 550 turns on that cash plus loans and a little extra selling. I could have generated 3x more cash if I had needed it by stacking types and selling them.
Current Empires:

Sevah

Consumption works both ways. having 100m rats at 140 race modifier lasts not long, @60 upkeep it lasts forever. Narrow the gap by 20 each way and the difference would surprise ya.  Every 10% is more critical than the last 10points.

Try limit all race attributes to 25% max. Anything more is overboard.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Shadow