Quick Launch???

Started by Sharptooh, August 11, 2010, 01:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharptooh

I've had this idea for a while but only recently made a mock-up to illustrate it (it's summer holidays over here)

I know this is a change to the interface of RWL (and therefore I doubt this will actually get implemented, I just thought that it might generate discussion) but never-the-less.

The idea:

A new column would be added imbetween the the 'warlord name' and 'land' column on the scores page, this column would contain three buttons similar to the following (sorry for the shocking quality):

The left button would allow you to message the warlord on the same column as the buttons, likewise, the middle button would allow you to attack and the far right button would allow you to aid them.

The basic idea being that instead of having to click the question mark next to the warlord in question then clicking attack, mail or aid, (two clicks) you could simply hit the button applying to one of those's actions (one click)

-Sharptooth

Dirty Harry

Very nice, looks like it could be straight from something the west. Very practical.
Spa Regulator.

"Go ahead, make my day."

Twilight Shadow

Holby

I think it's great. If this could be implemented in a way that wouldn't make the scores look messy, it would be really cool.
I will not deleted this

Sharptooh

Quote from: Holby on August 11, 2010, 06:11:18 PM
I think it's great. If this could be implemented in a way that wouldn't make the scores look messy, it would be really cool.

I thought the same (about it looking cluttered)

Unless the buttons only appeared when you hovered over row's e.g. if you hover over warlords 'Sharptooth's' row the buttons appear on his row but none of the other rows?

Approval guy

Holby

Quote from: Sharptooh on August 12, 2010, 06:56:59 AM
Quote from: Holby on August 11, 2010, 06:11:18 PM

I thought the same (about it looking cluttered)

Unless the buttons only appeared when you hovered over row's e.g. if you hover over warlords 'Sharptooth's' row the buttons appear on his row but none of the other rows?
Yeah, the hover. I like that.
I will not deleted this

The Lady Shael

That is a cool idea. =) Actually, Peace has been working on new theme ideas behind the scenes, and this is a little similar to an idea he had. At least the hovering and ease of options part. Hopefully the whole staff will be around at the same time soon so these ideas actually get put in. ^.^
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Holby

Quote from: The Lady Shael on August 30, 2010, 03:38:58 PM
That is a cool idea. =) Actually, Peace has been working on new theme ideas behind the scenes, and this is a little similar to an idea he had. At least the hovering and ease of options part. Hopefully the whole staff will be around at the same time soon so these ideas actually get put in. ^.^

On themes... Hidden Fox between Turbo and Reg are different. I prefer the reg one, although I get the impression Turbo is the latest version. Could you make them both optional themes, please?
I will not deleted this

The Lady Shael

What do you mean by optional? Make both versions available?
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Holby

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, that would be good, both versions available on each server.

I will not deleted this