1 (4.8%)
Both
4 (19%)
None
14 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Holby

Quote from: Firetooth on October 13, 2010, 01:52:10 PM
Holby, there is a few grey characters, ie. Veil.
If you can count them on more than one hand, I'll be happy to retract my statement.
I will not deleted this

Firetooth

Quote from: Holby on October 16, 2010, 10:35:06 AM
If you can count them on more than one hand, I'll be happy to retract my statement.
Sure.

The Sparra
The greedy vole type person
Veil
Romsca
The queen and king in rakkety tam
Wakka
Verdauga greeneyes

That's 8 counting the king and queen as 2, and there is a few more I'd class as grey ;)

Also, ha, I won a point Volk :D
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteIt's true! If you want to avoid subjectivity altogether in forum rules, then don't use abbreviated swears in any context ^_^

There is entirely to much subjectivity in the forum rules in general. The 'abbreviated swear' rules are just one example.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

windhound

Quote from: Firetooth on October 16, 2010, 01:06:19 PM
Quote from: Holby on October 16, 2010, 10:35:06 AM
Sure.

The Sparra
The greedy vole type person
Veil
Romsca
The queen and king in rakkety tam
Wakka
Verdauga greeneyes

That's 8 counting the king and queen as 2, and there is a few more I'd class as grey ;)

Also, ha, I won a point Volk :D

Oh I donno.

Veil was the -only- one out of that list I'd consider properly grey, and that's mostly because he did save whats-her-name's life at the end

The sparra were just following a deranged king.  After the leadership change they were peaceful.  So you might beable to call Bull-Sparra (or whatever) evil, mostly just crazy though.

Greedy vole was just a greedy vole.  Protecting what he thought was his via any means he could.  If you had to classify I guess you could say evil, as he (they, really) tend to hamper the heros.  Light duty evil, if you will.

Romsca...  meh.  An oddity, more lawful-evil than anything.  I'll give you +1 grey for the effort

King/Queen in Rakkity Tam, just pompus.  Never hurt, killed, or enslaved anyone, they were just kinda silly

Wakka and the Gawtrybe, while squirrels, were more evil than anything else.  If Jacques had called them tree-rats like the Painted-Ones were ground-rats there'd be no question.  Jacques muddied the water somewhat by calling their antics 'games,' but eh.  Evil.

Verdauga still enslaved Mossflower, he may have been less-evil than his daughter, but still pretty darn evil.

Jacques made a few villains you could sympathize with, maybe even understand or feel sorry for (the 'bungling evil') but Veil was really his only character that exhibited characteristics of both true good and true evil.  And even that was tainted by the line "I don't believe he'd have stepped in front of me if he'd really thought this father would have struck" or some such. 
I'll give you +2 for Veil and Romsca - as she may have, indeed, been 'good' by the end.  But I'm not sure how much of her transition would be classified as grey.

Maybe my definition of 'grey' is too strict, but I like to think of it as describing characters who's actions are not predictable based on their classification of good vs. evil.  Very, very few of Jacques' characters fall into that category - it was pretty rare for a character to be of the 'wrong' species to have alignment of the 'wrong' side.  Gingervere and Squire whatshisface, the boat-building sea rat,

Good try though, really.  Its been a while since I've read the books so I had to google a few of those, but if 'grey' is where you can't determine if their actions will be good or evil then there are very few good examples in the Redwall series. 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

I'll reserve this post for later, but I just have to point out (I read sunflash the mace a week ago) Veil attacks swartt to fend him off Bryony, and I'm pretty sure he realized when he threw himself in front of her that if Swart had a Javelin, he planned to use it.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.