Capture: In Development

Started by The Lady Shael, October 19, 2009, 01:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

Shael, I don't care if you listen or not, I wanted a little tiny bit of action (check race guide)
i tried being nice about the changes but i got ignored

lets calculate some things
it took me 5 hours to learn most the mistakes on your race guide and create my own, took me minutes to report it
takes 1 minute to read my post and in under 10 minutes it was fixed by a very good coder

my calculator says 5 hours 12 minutes but then it flashes 6months

next point
if i have my own accurate race guide, why would i care that my enemies don't?
if i know to choose a race that has like 70million bonus points why would i report it?

i can't think of any reasons to continue debating your mistakes
i'll give you time to speculate why someone like me would try to help
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

The Lady Shael

It is partially my fault because I was an inactive staff member back when you made those suggestions. I read them and thought they were great suggestions, but I couldn't get any of the other staff to give me feedback on them and I had no time to implement them. I wish I had time, but school comes first.

Since I started being active here again, I've been on your side. I was talking to Shadow about a week ago and referred him to some topics you made and asked for feedback on your ideas. I even brought up the idea in the staff forum of having a test server open to non-staff members for development because you were so interested in improving RWL, more than any non-staff member.

About your second point, it's sad you won't use your knowledge to help us. When you have advantages like that, then how is it fun to play the game? I think it just shows cowardice to use the flaws of the game to your advantage and claim you're a better player than everyone else when you don't want to see an even playing field.

Now that I'm back and development is rolling again, take this time to restate your ideas and take an active hand in RWL's development.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Sevz

Thank you very much Shael, this more than satisfies me and you have changed my opinion with a single message

When you have advantages like that, then how is it fun to play the game? I think it just shows cowardice to use the flaws

Exactly my point and opinion
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Wolf Snare

Capture seems to be a bit too powerful. I'm not sure if this is only when the defender has no troops, but I was taken (by Shadow, an indy? >.<) from 30k (3 mil leaders) to 15k, with 1.6 mil leaders. That does not seem to add up to your own calculations, can we talk on msn / look this over? Losing half my leaders and still only having a 111 ratio is NOT anything like the old capture. This one is way too consistent. we need it to vary more with more failures. Just so you can see what I mean...

0.9 hours ago    Nougat (#19) attacked you!    Your enemy captured 991 Acres of Land and destroyed:
42,951 Leaders
You managed to destroy:
33 Stoats
0.9 hours ago    Nougat (#19) attacked you!    Your enemy captured 1525 Acres of Land and destroyed:
46,762 Leaders
You managed to destroy:
26 Stoats
0.9 hours ago    Nougat (#19) attacked you!    Your enemy captured 404 Acres of Land and destroyed:
45,526 Leaders
You managed to destroy:
15 Stoats
0.9 hours ago    Nougat (#19) attacked you!    Your enemy captured 917 Acres of Land and destroyed:
40,481 Leaders
You managed to destroy:

As you can see, it takes an exact percentage (varies by a fraction of a percent?) of your total leaders and does so EVERY time. Too powerful IMO, just my say on it.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Well, I messed up your leaders to pay back for the attempted online steals ^_^ lol

But yes, you're right that that is not in line with the old capture - I'll be around this evening to talk about it.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wolf Snare

attempted? haha, k, I'm glad you agree that it is whacky and incorrect.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Capture has been reduced, it now takes between o and 2% of the defender's leaders. Let us know how this plays out.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..