Fox: Cloak

Started by The Obliterator, April 18, 2009, 02:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Obliterator

Its broken again.
The read out in generals hut doesn't say how much you've done it also i was cloaked around 100 times on turbo and it suddenly just went away today.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

CobyCopper

To Programmers: Remove any reference (replace them with "1" or "0" or whatever) to the NW brackets and cloak will go back to normal--back how it was and how it should be. Odds are a networth bracket is missing information--such as the >~$100M NW bracket. Whatever it's spitting out is wrong--most likely the majority of the equation is spitting out a flat-out zero. By eliminating any reference to networth brackets, this will be fixable. It is described to be a 1% decrease each time. Just like Murder is a 3% loss, that means that the equation should be something like
(Actual Networth) x 0.99^(number of cloaks) = (perceived networth)
Also check for lost values or whatever... as I said, something referencing networth brackets is most likely broken.

To Oblit: I know what you're talking about. I did that a few rounds ago but couldn't figure out exactly why it wasn't working. Can you give your appx. networths between start and finish of your run?

The Obliterator

Well before it was cloaking just over half of my networth then it just went away.
Im not sure what my exact networth values were.

CobyCopper

Quote from: The Obliterator on April 18, 2009, 07:48:07 AM
Well before it was cloaking just over half of my networth then it just went away.
Im not sure what my exact networth values were.
May you PM me the networth you were at? I saw that before, actually, where early-game the Cloak was doing multiple times power, but later its effectiveness broke entirely. I'll bug-test it today or tomorrow or something.

The Obliterator

I was at around 40 mil networth
And was cloaked to about 20 mil networth.

CobyCopper

I found a fix for you; uncloak fully and recloak. Uncloaking is broken, however. The readout is broken, the spell only returns 1% at a time, though it's the only way to counter this code-gremlin it seems. Might as well ask for your stats (turns, troops, resources) to be copied for when you're done--it's a 400+ turn process.

On a side note: I tested it out fully on both antiquated code and right-now code. It used to work just fine on all counts, though now there IS a readout problem them IS a problem cloaking the first time, and there IS a problem uncloaking. Second time around it seems fine, for reasons unknown. Keep an eye on it--I tried from $40m to $170m or so NW on 100 cloaks the second time around, and it worked.

EDIT: I forgot; there's another issue, with Uncloak at least. If you run out of resources while doing that mission, you continue casting it. Only running out of loyalty seems to work--for definitely does not. I went to 0 food around my 5th cloak and it continued casting till 25.

Shadow

The last ting is a  bug with all missions - running out of food and cash doesnt shut them down. At least it used to be, I am not sure if Shael fixed it.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on April 18, 2009, 10:23:44 PM
The last ting is a  bug with all missions - running out of food and cash doesnt shut them down. At least it used to be, I am not sure if Shael fixed it.
Maybe you shouldn't have posted that haha. If they haven't fixed it you can still loot with 100's of millions of troops locking on 204k land pure huts in theory.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

nah, you still get desertions - it just doest stop after the first desertion so you lose like all your army in one shot.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: Shadow on April 19, 2009, 12:32:56 PM
nah, you still get desertions - it just doest stop after the first desertion so you lose like all your army in one shot.

Same thing happens when building... would be good to get a fix for that, iit's happened to me a  few times. :D

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on April 19, 2009, 12:32:56 PM
Lol, that wouldn't be useful unless you wanted to purge all your army haha
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.