What Shael should fix...

Started by The Lady Shael, February 24, 2009, 04:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Yeah, we have had some problems with land dropping in the past, but the problem was different so we never put a time limit on it. It might be a good idea, but it would take some testing first.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Marell

Quote from: Shadow on February 27, 2009, 08:24:37 AM
I don't know, I am not positive enough of my memory to say for sure if I got them too fast or not, it's just that at two occasions this round I was very surprised to be full turns and full stored.

Haha yeah its the same here, I'm pretty certain its happened, but have no hard evidence.

Quote from: Firetooth on February 27, 2009, 11:28:54 AM
fox uncloak broke too

Cloak/Uncloak
Your cloaking power is currently disguising your networth 165 times.

I ucloaked 60 or so(it was 233 or so before)-now my net is not cloaked at all :o

Firetooth...1 single uncloak completely uncloaks your net, no matter how many cloaks you had done  :D

Quote from: The Lady Shael on February 27, 2009, 09:44:57 AM
I talked about it a little bit in my semi-retirement post...basically, whenever you espy someone, it will get saved and there will be a page where you can go back and see all the most recent espies you've gotten, and the option to share them with clanmates.

Oh and this sounds cool Shael...I'm always opening up Word to copy and paste espies to refer to throughout my run, so this'll save me a bit of time lol.

krazilec

glad my ideas are being considered :)

lol @ firetooth after reading what Marell just wrote about uncloaking.

here is my super-delayed post about market and net
thinkgs on mrkt should be removed from your net on the scores page

The Obliterator

they are and have been for some time
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Firetooth

darn. I never been a fox 'afore. Oh well *reads his own signature*
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Marell

Minor bug...clan forums in turbo are not ordered by date of last post, they're just in order of most recently made topic, which ain't as good.

The Lady Shael

So yeah.....I was a lot busier over spring break than I anticipated...pushing this stuff back to summer. I always seem to have a burst of enthusiasm to code for RWL at the beginning of summer.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

bjornredtail

Well, if it's any consolation, I have /my/ spring break coming up next week.

-"Fix land dropping"
That's quite a bit harder than you think, since we don't track every time you scout, nor do we 'track' how much you get when attacking. So, it's hard to differentiate one block of land from another.

-"Auto Refresh"
This could be very involved or very easy. If you just want a whole page to refresh, it's relatively easy. You could just set like a http meta header or something like that. If you want AJAX'y refresh of just one element on the page, that'd be quite involved. Even more so, since this is RWL (no real theming system). I suppose you could have AJAXy kind of refresh on just one element of one page without too much difficulty. It still would require mucking around in the backend.

-"Saving Espionage data"
This seems relatively easy. It adds another table to the DDL though.

-"Theme Admin"
Shael probably has a better idea on how to implement this than I do. I haven't a clue... Though I am perhaps overengineering things.

-"Sack and Capture"
Wait, they are broken? If I can get peace to help me test at any point...

-"Cloak"
Wait, what? When was the last time I acctually /played/ RWL again?
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Peace Alliance

I'll be around to help. Shadow too (he's a lil more clued in then i am atm)

And we have to be careful with autorefresh. If the entire scores page auto-refreshes for people, wouldn't that be heck on the server? Retto refused to do it when i suggested it to him 560 years ago...

If you want to start adding ajax in, nev, talk to me, because i have some very specific area's i would like to have auto-update.

Shadow

Dunno how much help ill be with autorefresh, I suspect its way over my head at this point. I can help balance things and debug though.

I have a few ideas that may simplify some of the other problems though. Do I have you on msn bjorn? If not, add munchkins4@hotmail.com
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..