Re: An appology of sorts.

Started by Gen. Volkov, March 04, 2009, 11:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

QuoteIf you are referring to BlackFly, Volky, That's not the reason at all. We formed with intentions of becoming a powerful clan. and Woof happens to clash with our ambition.

Well, it just seems rather odd that I, the leader of the side who's been coming out on top the last few weeks, would propose a peace, and the other side wouldn't accept. Particularly seeing as how many of that side claim to be exceptionally busy with stuff. I understand what your intentions were, and to be honest, if it hadn't affected me, I and Woof would have not become the stumbling block we have become.

QuoteNo one hates you, we are all friends here underneath the roles we play in-game.

That doesn't mean there may not be some resentment at things I had done in the past.

I too represent myself inappropriately at times in-game and on the forums, but I trust the people I direct these things to will understand that it is all in the sake of making the game fun.

I think we generally do, though I think a few have been known to carry resentments against you as well Snare. Not myself, but there have been times when things from previous turbo rounds have carried over. Shade springs to mind.

QuoteI enjoy all sorts of strategy games and (not to sound cocky) have a hard time finding someone who can beat me at risk or chess.

I don't, but then I generally play with people who are also very good at those games. I do win strategy games a respectable amount though.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

Volkov, plain and simply do not flatter yourself. If I had a grudge against last rounds emp team, I wouldnt have asked a few of the very same players to dominate with me this round. I probably would have asked you personally if you hadn't started Woof and mocked Oblit.

I know you tend to interpret actions the wrong way and thus I understand your reasoning behind this little rant, but honestly.

The reason we turned down your proposal for peace is because you turned down our no murders pact. And of course we arent going to agree to a "truce" when half our players havent even run turns lately and we haven't shown much if any of our potential. No, not just throwing in the towel for your personal gradification that we all know you will attempt to flaunt for years to come. Realistically, hypothetically speaking, if we had just set up and emp and insulted you thoroughly on the forums, would you agree to a truce? Didn't think so. Also noticed you tend to talk big(ger) in between our takedown runs. ;)

Reminds me of the first time you got emperorship. I used you as basically a storehouse and shot you into first after a reset, and after you took the thrown you took all of the credit, which is to be expected I suppose, but out of respect I never opened my mouth. The fact is that you seem to stress unimportant factors lately and really emphasize your vast power, and it's really annoying. If you honestly have issues with me, talk to me on MSN, where I know you will be civil and not just trying to get under my skin. If you have problems with how I play, challenge me 1 vs. 1. If you just want to brag aimlessly, take it somewhere other than ereptors apology chat.

Sorry, but I don't appreciate you casually calling us cowards and grudge holding whiners. just no.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

There are other topics for this. Take it there, everyone. If this continues, I'll split the topic.

Shadow,

Mod duties
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wolf Snare

Believe me, I feel pretty crappy about all of this spam in a serious topic like this. Chris deserves better, perhaps we should split all the nonsensical BS into the spa? Volk, I question your intentions while bringing up something like that in this topic, and I don't know why you bothered, cant we argue on msn?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

I only brought it up because I thought your statement about no one holding grudges was BS. In point of fact, people do hold grudges here. In general, I think Chris has nothing to apologize for, but that doesn't mean no one holds grudges against him for things he's done. I think those people, if they do exist and are vets, are rather silly though, and not really worth an apology, though an explanation of Ereptor's behavior for the newer RWLers may have been beneficial.

The bit about people holding grudges against me was an example of that sort of silliness. Regardless of how you personally feel Snare, I'm fairly sure that some people in your clan are not overly fond of me, for various reasons. That's all I was saying. When you got all snippy in response because you thought I was talking about you or BlackFly in general, then I decided to get under your skin.

The initial statement was appropriate to the thread, your response to it, nor my response to that really wasn't.

And that's all I'm gonna say here.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Firetooth

Shadow, why did you move this to turbo discussion? It's reg orientated
tut tut tut :P
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

oops, fixed

Gen. Volkov

Shadow, the last post I made was relevant! Why did you move it? I specifically addressed the purpose of the thread, which was Ereptor's apology.

Firetooth

Because Snare was probably going to reply, lengthening the topic more?
Just a guess
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

I'm still new to this moving topics thing, cut me some slack haha. Just repost it in the other thread if you feel it shouldn't have been mpved. I just moved the entire conversation off starting from when it went into argument mode.

meestir amayzing

Quote from: Shadow on March 05, 2009, 10:46:00 PM
There are other topics for this. Take it there, everyone. If this continues, I'll split the topic.

Shadow,

Mod duties

you=mod?

Holby

meestir amayzing, that is not an appropriate post. You are contributing nothing and writing in an abbreviated form. I have mentioned this to you before.

If you look to the left of Shadow's post, you will see bright blue stars and the words "Global Moderator". That would indicate Shadow's position as mod.

Please try to attempt to add to the discussion. Any further posts you make that are of one-word nature, or just feed your post count, I will remove.

Thanks,

Holby, mod.
I will not deleted this