cody told me retto is dead.

Started by Fenix, January 30, 2009, 05:36:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

A few shots were fired at a staff member when doing their job, a banable act. The last one got by, Please do not do it again.

If this sillyness keeps up, this topic will be moved to spam, then maybe locked. If a new topic is opened, then a banable act.

(mods may move and lock as directed above. A ban must be approved by at least one Admin [except in cases of "spamicid"])

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

bjornredtail

Hey, the way I see it, the attitude that 'firing shots at a staff member when doing their job' is a 'banable act' is the reason that, until recently, we have had an include($foo) in RWL.

So, at the very least, if someone wants to insult me about my developer's duties, let them! In the process they just might very well tell me something I didn't already know. And if they are just being annoying, I can simply pipe all they say into my brain's /dev/null.
* bjornredtail expects storm of insults about not fixing turbo in 3... 2.... 1...
(Not that I think trolling the forum by saying 'Retto's dead' is a particularly nice thing to do either)
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

wolf bite

1) Randomly wishing for someones REAL LIFE DEATH is sick. (something we don't need here).

2) Retto is STILL a staff member (staff works for free)

3) Shots were taking at Holby for softly doing his Mod job.

Sure, a discussion about the extent of our job is always reasonable, but not personal shots. Our forum is different than many others because we try to keep a peaceful place. If someone posts raciest hate and we stop it, were where we be if the response was insults and threats? This rule is non negotiable! Frankly, when Holby saw this topic, within the rules and his powers, he could have locked the topic and contacted an admin for a ban. but he took the soft diplomatic approach and for that he was insulted.

As to you working for the staff: Someone saying something is not fast enough is a lot different then calling someone incompetent. Someone could say they don't think you know the first thing about "crons", and we would let it go. But if someone did not like something you programed and said you did immoral actions at home, the staff would protect you from that.

Simply, when a staff member needs to step in as part of their job, never should they be attacked for trying to do their job.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Shadow

Quote from: bjornredtail on February 02, 2009, 06:52:21 PM
Hey, the way I see it, the attitude that 'firing shots at a staff member when doing their job' is a 'banable act' is the reason that, until recently, we have had an include($foo) in RWL.

So, at the very least, if someone wants to insult me about my developer's duties, let them! In the process they just might very well tell me something I didn't already know. And if they are just being annoying, I can simply pipe all they say into my brain's /dev/null.
* bjornredtail expects storm of insults about not fixing turbo in 3... 2.... 1...
(Not that I think trolling the forum by saying 'Retto's dead' is a particularly nice thing to do either)

Storm of insults!

But yes, Josh did not criticize constructively, therefore your point is pointless in this situation.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ereptor

All Jokes aside.  I am sure it is a pain to be a mod and then when you do your job you get flamed.  That would definitely be frustrating. 
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Wolf Snare

Typical of Josh to twist my words into something only he finds amusing. I wish I had gotten to this sooner. Praising a former admins "death" won't be tolerated, and neither will backtalking admins, or making up gibberish out of what we say. Topic locked, Josh banned as soon as I get approval.

Wolf Snare (Mod Duties)
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)