indy

Started by meestir amayzing, August 17, 2008, 06:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorak

there are other people like me, who will make a point of breaking your power unit if you leave a notice like that
this isn't super-happy-fun land passing game, where everyone's a winner.

but again, I play very aggressive and so my strats are based around very aggressive play as well as expecting heavy retaliations

on another note
another effective micro-strat is to rotate production
produce one troop type, then, on next turn run, shift production to a different type, hit with the unit you made the run before, and sell that same unit to fund your run, and keep rotating every run. Will build a balanced army over time, while still giving you a clear power unit to break bigger empires
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Gen. Volkov

When I play indy, I usually have a power unit that I stack heavily in, usually stoats or skiffs. But I won't produce only that. I'll set the training at:

5  or 5
5      5
85    5
5      85

This gives me some units in the others in case some one breaks my power unit. It also means that I never leave troop holes. I've also spent some indy rounds trying to figure out the exact right percentage mix to give me a balanced army, with approximately the same numbers of troops in all 4 types, that was only when I had already established myself at number one and was going for a land lock though. It works much better when you have really high land to start your run.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juska

Or you could turned into me.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

krazilec

yea, my indy strat is similar to Gorak's because of the easy access to cash. 
for solo-ing, I found the mage-to-indy strat to be one of the most useful.  if you start as a mage for a week or two and build at 70% huts and 30% foragers, you build up a base of food and lots of Loyalty.  at the end of the time period, wait to get hit down to lower land to up ratio and either cash or go for food (i generally go for cash first).  at the end of your run, demo huts down to 1-5% and foragers to 10% or less.  if you have a good enough storage, you may not even need foragers.  build barracks for the rest of the land and end your turn by looting or foraging.  i generally go with a
or
ratio