Turbo attacking bug?

Started by Briar, December 13, 2008, 01:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Briar

maybe this isn't a bug, I just thought it was interesting.

Say I have 1 rat.  If I go to attack someone with this rat I get the message saying that I must attack with something.  Obviously, I am attacking with one rat.

bug or not?

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

The Lady Shael

I'm pretty sure it was a measure put in the code on purpose to stop people from attacking their friends and losing on purpose for some reason. In the older days, you used to be able to lose land to your victim if you failed really badly. But people exploited it and we took it out. That might be left over from those days. But it doesn't matter, why would you attack someone with only one rat anyway? =p
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

The Obliterator

To max them.
It was a strat called the one rat attack.
You could max someone not in a clan and help to them to acheive empship by maxing them so no-one else could attack them and it cost you virtually nothing.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Peace Alliance

Actually, i think this measure was added into the game before that. Because sometimes people accidentally choose the wrong troop type, and attack with a type that have very little of.

Either that or it was just poor programming.

White Fang

Isn't there a rule against maxxing like that, anyway?

windhound

Sure.
But its always better to have the code do the policing rather than relying on people to report infringement
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't