Semi-retiring =(

Started by The Lady Shael, January 08, 2009, 12:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Hi RWLers,

I've actually been meaning to do this for a while, back in November, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Then winter break came, and I had a lot of free time to do stuff, so this wasn't necessary. But now school has started up again, so it has to be done.

I'm going into semi-retirement. This means I won't be fully active around here anymore, or developing for the game as much as I used to. It's not because I don't want to (because I really really really really want to), it's because I just don't have time anymore, with my classes and other activities.

Of course, I can never fully leave RWL. I think that's been established over the years....and my many attempts to leave for good. So I'll still be around, conversing on the forums, fixing account problems, fixing quick bugs, and answering questions. I won't have time to do any major development work, like designing a big Turbo theme. Because of this, I'm in the process of coding a Theme Admin for Peace and wolf, where they can create and design their own Turbo themes, based on Turbo themes we've had in the past.

I'll still do development work when I have free time. Like after the Theme Admin, my next plan is to create an Espionage archive system, which will auto-save all your espies so you (and your clanmates) can see them. Sometimes I just get to the urge to code stuff (I've noticed it happens when I'm supposed to be doing a huge school project), so more than likely you'll still be seeing stuff from me.

I think Nev (bjornredtail to a lot of you) will take care of any other coding issues that I can't take care of. I'll still have time to manage my in-game admin accounts.
Btw, this is why we had the Reg reset, so that we could implement all the latest game changes while I was still around to make sure it was all set up properly.

For those who don't really know anything about me, or for those who are curious, I am a third-year Computer Science major, graduating spring 2010. I'm really involved with my university's Filipino Student Association, especially their cultural dance troupe (next year I will be dance troupe coordinator), and I'm the undergrad/website coordinator for the Women in Engineering and Computer Science club. I'm also an alternate on the programming team (hopefully I can be on the team next year). 

Hopefully I'll be able to continue doing stuff when the semester is over. Don't fret, I'll still be here! =)

<3,
-The Lady Shael
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

wolf bite

(stands up and claps)

I have been semi retired for years now ... no one noticed.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Shadow

http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=5283.0

Good luck =)

Thanks for everything, Shael. You've kept the game going thus far.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

Is this the "let's embarrass Shael with her old immature posts" topic now? -.-
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

Just bringing a bit of humour to it. I'm sure I could find more if you want me to? :P
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sharptooh

Thanks for everything Shael  :) We're glad to still have you around, even if we might show it in unusual ways . . . .

TheSpaceman

Havent been here long but it won't be the same without you.
Thats how big an impact you can have on this place Shael.
Look up!

Firetooth

Yup, turbo's basically just a testing centre atm
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ereptor

You've definitely sacrificed your time to keep this place going.  *tips hat*
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*